Ghostbur

Ghostbur x Reader
They/Them
---------------

Walking across the crater hurt them. Everything their boyfriend had worked so hard for, it was all gone, nothing but a big hole covered by glass. It broke their heart to see it like this. They had been by Wilbur's side since the beginning, they were inseparable. At least till he died. When they received the news they cried for weeks, not daring go out their house. 

They stood at the grave, the lapis was a bit dusty, but it didn't matter. They took a deep breath and looked up to the L'manburg flag that hung on the wall of the grave. They sat down and leaned onto the chest. Letting out another deep breath they grabbed the coat they wore and pulled it closer to them.

It still smelled like him. No matter what they did, It still melt like Wilbur, and they liked that. The jacket was his when he was still alive, the Pogtopia one. Tommy had given it to them when he gave them the news. Oh how it pained Tommy to be the bringer of news, to tell his brothers partner that he was dead. 

When Tommy found out about Ghostbur he dared not to tell them. He didn't want to raise their hopes just in case Ghostbur didn't remember them.

They let out a shaky breath as the tears started falling non-stop. It started pooling on the floor as they cried. They closed their eyes to try and stop the tears, but it didn't work, they wouldn't stop coming. 

"Wilbur" They choked out, looking up at the flag as it moved slightly from the wind. They stared at it and tears came falling down more and more.

"Wilbur please"

"You're not really gone"

"Come back"

"WILBUR COME BACK" 

They cried and screamed till the moon was above them, shining along with the stars. They hiccuped and wiped their face clean from the dry tears and runny nose. They let out shaky breaths as they looked up at the sky, watching as the stars twinkled.

If they squinted, the stars looked like porcupines. Porcupines writing a letter saying sorry to all the people who wished upon them, (Y/N) especially. 

They leaned down and laid on their back, looking up as their arms and legs spread out like a starfish. Their eyes sore from crying so much, they closed them and took a deep breath. They turned to their side and used their hands as a pillow as they sighed.

Then they drifted to sleep.

-----

Ghostbur walked around the SMP with friend beside him. It was night, so everyone was asleep. He liked taking walks out late at night when everyone was asleep, he didn't know why. Maybe it was his body trying to tell him about a memory, or maybe not. He looked down at friend, who in return looked up at him and let out a little 'baah', almost like a yawn.

"Me too friend, me too" He said while walking a bit more.

He didn't know why but when he stopped walking he was at 'alivebur's ' grave. He let go of friends lead and looked at the place. He had been to the grave before, of course, but never had he seen it at night. Everything was illuminated, the lapis glowed almost like redstone.

Ghostbur looked over to friend who was laying down next to someone. He walked around to get a better look at the stranger. Their face showed signs of pain mixed with comfort. He recognized them from somewhere, but where was the question.

He sat down against friend's chest and picked them up, moving them to lay on his lap. He pet their hair and he looked up at the stars. The stars looked like porcupines. 

Ghostbur looked back down to the person on his lap sleeping, they seemed to relax more in his hold. He stared at their face with a blush on his face. He didn't know who they were, but he felt like he had to protect them.

So he'd decided from then on he would protect them with what little life he had.