Chapter 22

Y/N's POV

One thing was for sure, I need to be strong. For Nari would try to hurt me with every weapon she has, and if I show how weak I am then this would be her advantage. I need to fight in the next encounter. I was brought out of my thoughts by a knock on my door.

"Come in." A head poke in "Are you free?" I nod. He made his way to my bed ad climbed up beside me holding my hand. "I was hungry and I can't find mom."
"Ask the maids." "Can you please cook for me? Please," Tae pouted giving puppy eyes and I nodded as it's impossible to tell him no when he is acting cute. "Okay fine." I ruffled his hair.

I liked cooking so in a way I would enjoy it. I was arranging the grocery, later chopping them. Pouring the vegetables in the pan of water, I felt a pair of hands engulfing me from the back. "Smells good." He complimented, "I know after all I'm the master chef you know." "That would be decided after tasting it madam" he teased and I huffed.

Serving the food in two bowls we sat opposite each other. "How is it?" I asked being anxious. He frowned a bit and then "It's.... awesome" he shouted and I laughed at his childishness. Hearing it I starting eating and tried to enjoy my meal however my mind always diverted to Nari's words. How did she come to know about everything? What would happen if Tae comes to know that I wasn't able to keep a simple secret. I was brought out of my thoughts by him shaking me.

"Is everything alright? You seem to space out." He asked looking concerned. I hesitantly nod. "You know we can solve your problem together." "It's nothing Tae, just random thoughts. And please stop worrying so much about me. I can handle myself. " He seems dissatisfied and without any words, he continued having his food with a frown on his face. Was I too rude?

I got a call from Jungkook informing me that he is waiting outside my house.
"What!? When did you come? And even if you came so long all this way why didn't you rang the bell?" I said as I opened the door and let him enter.

"What's the fun of surprise then if I already tell you what I had planned." He said arching his brows. "So wanna hangout?" "Yeah sure. But first let me inform Tae."

I ran upstairs to his room and busted in to see him busy playing on his PC. "Hey Tae." I shook his shoulder as he hummed in response. "Can I go out with Jungkook?" He shot up and eyed me with a frown on his face. "Why?"
"Um he wanted to hangout." I shrugged "Nope."

"What?"

"I said NO. You can't go to stroll with him here and there on the road."

"Why?"

"Because I said so."

"Please."

"No"

"But you can't just lock me up in my room without any reasons." "I already gave my reason Y/n. It's because I want to. You need to follow me because you are my girlfriend." He said, domination prominent in his voice as his gaze turned dark and jaws clenched. "Being your girlfriend doesn't mean you can take away my freedom or you wouldn't respect my decisions." "You think I'm locking you up?" "So what do you say this? Listen Tae, we'll just go, hangout and come home safely. Nothing more. Why are you overreacting? And if you don't trust him you can also join us." "So you think I'm overreacting! Don't you see that I'm protecting you!? And no, I don't want to be the third wheeler between you two." "Protecting me! By locking me up and being all possessive." This one thing I don't like in boys. Being protective over their girlfriends without any valid reasons. "Shut that damn mouth of yours! If you would have understood then I didn't have to repeat my words. And what you think of yourself huh!? Always I thought for you, I tried every way to make you happy, even consoled you when you were crying out your eyes and this is what I got, huh!" He shouted out loud that I flinched, and by now tears began to flow out of my eyes. "Pathetic." He murmured and it felt like I was stabbed brutally. I nod my head and concluded that, yes I was pathetic. Pathetic for not fighting back, pathetic for being a coward, pathetic for relying on him."Yeah, I know that I'm pathetic." With this his eyes widened, maybe he didn't expect me to hear it, but what to do I already did. "Y/n I didn't-" "Okay then. As you wish, I won't go; but this is not what I expected from you." I said with a broken heart, wiping away my tears.

I exited his room, shutting the door with a bang. Then I went to my room washing my tear-stained face and then descended the stairs to Jungkook. "Um Jungkook,...since....since mom isn't at home I can't leave the house." I made up an excuse. "But Tae hyung is there. He can look after right." "Uh he can....but he isn't responsible enough." "Ah, it's absolutely fine. Maybe next time. See you then." "Yeah bye." After greeting Jungkook goodbye I ran into my room stayed there.

Later it was dinner time, neither Taehyung nor I dared to talk to each other. I frowned throughout the dinner, while Taehyung had an expressionless face.

"Miss."- Mrs. Kang

"Yeah," I turned to face her. "Mrs. Kim wants to speak to you." she handed me the phone.

(The words in italics are the conversation of Mrs. Kim over the phone)

"Hello"

"Ah, Y/n-ah. Where were you I called you so many times but you didn't pick up? Are you okay?"

"Uh...sorry, actually I am having dinner and unfortunately I left my phone in my bedroom."

"Ah okay. Actually, we have a business trip and it would take a week or two to return for us. Will you people be okay by yourself?" great I needed something to distract myself at this moment and here comes me getting stuck with him. "Hello, Y/n are you there." "Uh.. yeah yeah sure." "Okay then I'll hang up. Goodnight, and inform Taehyung." " Yeah, goodnight mom."

I hanged up the call, "Mom went on a business trip so she won't be there for a week or two." I said without looking towards him and concentrated on my food. He hummed in reply. He's been ignoring me since our argument. I was guilty of my behaviour but I also expect him to at least apologize to me. But nothing. So I also didn't make any move to have any conversation with him. Already a lot of things are going on in my mind. As I finished having my food I got up and went to my room, without sparing him a glance.

__________________

Don't forget to read my bio. Hope you get what I wanted to say. See you my lovely readers. Stay safe. Goodbye 👋👋👋👋

I love you❤

- Author