Chapter 15

Y/N'S POV

I woke up by someone who was singing ' Happy Birthday' song for me. I squinted my eyes and recognized it was Taehyung.
"Happy birthday to my dear
Y/N. Good morning darling~. Wake up."- Taehyung
I got up on my bed and thanked him for wishing me.
"Thank you."
He squeezed my cheeks as if I am a child. Then I laid on my bed and covered myself till head.
"Hey you lazy punk! Get up."
- Taehyung
"Yah! Don't call me punk."
Then I remembered I had to go to the graveyard today! I quickly got out of the bed and went to the washroom and did all my morning routine. Then I changed into my clothes to pay a visit to my father. I wore a black knee length off shoulder frock and did a light makeup. I came out of the bathroom and saw Taehyung was still there.
"Do you want something?"
"I am waiting for you to come down and have breakfast together."- Taehyung
"You go, I am coming."
He nod and exited my room. After doing everything I took my purse and went to the dining room to meet with mom, dad and Taehyung. Tae signal me to sit beside him and I follow him.
"Happy birthday Y/N dear~"
-Mom
"I thought you forgot! Anyways thanks."
"Happy birthday dear"- Dad
"Thank you " I simply replied
"Y/N are you going somewhere?"- Taehyung
"Are you going to the graveyard!? Again! "- Mom
"Isn't it obvious. I go there every year on this day."
"Its okay Sanchai ,she must be missing her father."- Dad
"But now you are her dad and she need to accept this."- Mom
"But look from her side, isn't it obvious that she will miss her biological father."
- Dad
"Enough! I think I already made myself clear that I don't like to talk while I eat."
"Y/N can I take you to the graveyard. "- Taehyung
"No need! I have got two legs, I can go by myself."
"Please."- Taehyung said as he held one of my hand.
"Okay fine! You can go."
"Thanks!" Taehyung said and he gave me a thumbs up.

After having my breakfast I got up.
"I'm done."
"Y/N please wait for me!"
- Taehyung
"Hurry up. I don't have much time."

He somehow finished his breakfast and ran to his room.
After that he came down, well dressed. He wore a grey suit and he was looking amazing.
"Lets go!"- Taehyung
I nod and follow to his car.

Time skips

The drive was pin drop silence. None of us dared to speak anything. Well, here I am in front of my father's grave. A tear escaped from my eye. I also bought some flowers for father. I sat down in front of his grave.
"Hello father. Hope you are doing well there." I lay the flower that I bought for him in front of his grave " These are for you. Father you remember today is my birthday. I am happy here, don't worry for me." I started crying at this point " Hope y-you a-are re-resting in p-peace."
Taehyung sat beside me and hugged me, trying to console.I cried out my heart and his shirt was becoming wet due to my tears since I was crying in his chest.
"Don't cry. He is alright up there in heaven." He said as he was patting my back " Stop crying. He isn't liking that his daughter is crying. And what did I say, that tears don't suit this beautiful face."
He broke the hug and cupped my cheeks wiping my tears.
"Yah! Birthday girl shouldn't cry on his birthday." -Taehyung
"Okay!"
"Hey please don't mind me but, can you.....please....umm
....tell me what happened to your father...... I mean your past."- Taehyung

I nod as a tear escaped my eye as I recalled the memories that took place in my life ten years ago.

"I was nine years old then..... My mom and dad didn't had a well relationship. My mother used to suspect my father that he is cheating on her, but I knew he didn't........ They used to fight almost everyday. I didn't used to like it at all........ I sometime tried to stop them but ended hurting myself only. So later, I didn't used to do anything...... I-I just stayed away from them. But one day,...........one day everything changed. As usual they were fighting...... but that day my mother was furious....... after sometime there was a loud thud........ and there was pin drop silence after that. I ran to them to see what happened........." then I broke down " only t-to dis-c-cover that m-my father was l-lying d-dead on t-the floor."
Taehyung then hugged me and patted my back to comfort. Wiping my tears I continued.
"I-I was shocked to see that. My mom was holding the kitchen knife with which she stabbed my father and was crying next to him. Then she saw me and came to me. I was then scared of mom after that. She said not to tell anyone about this and she spread rumours that....... that dad died in an a-accident. I was so small then that I can do nothing, not even I could run away at that age. I somehow convinced mom to let me stay in the girls hostel after this but I had to come back home when I took admission in colloge. This is the reason why I hate her the most and never want to face her. She always took away my happiness. I don't believe that she is my mom. She took away everything from me, everything.....even you." The last two words came out of my mouth as a whisper. I didn't wanted Taehyung to listen that.
"Its alright..... Its okay..... I'm there with you." Taehyung said while rubbing his hands on my back.

He broke the hug and helped me to stand up.
"Past is past. You cannot change it but this is present. Enjoy this present. And for the future, future await for a lot of joy for you. Trust me!"
- Taehyung
"And who is going to bring that happiness? You!" I giggled at him.
"Who knows."- Taehyung
What does he mean by that? Did he planned something? Shrugging my questions we headed towards his car. After we got in he started driving to home.
"Y/N are you free today in the evening?"- Taehyung
"Yes."
"Okay then, can we go outside in evening?"- Taehyung
"Sure."

The rest of the ride he played music and we sang our hearts out.

Please read this👇

🙇‍♀️I am really sorry for late update. Like it was really late. I was so involved in writing the ideas of this story that I literally forgot to update. But I promise to update quicker the next time. Thank you so so so much for giving so much of love to this book💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜.

Saranghae 💜💜💜~~

- Author