Chapter 16 - Help Hand

Kunikida Doppo's POV

The Virus infection's mark get wider and wider. Our leader still in his condition. Even Yosano-san can't get this virus out from our leader. She said, we can't do anything If the virus offender doesn't die.

Dazai is still in the hospital since his recovery was taking a long time because the wound of the bullet was too deep inside of his body.

The Mafia keep chasing us because they want to save their leader too. But we can't do anything since they are really powerful.

We got help from former member of the Guild. Lucy Montgomery. Because of her ability, "Anne of the Abyssal Red", we can hide Fukuzawa-san inside of its secret made room.

Now we was in an abandoned underground. Tanizaki put bombs all over the way. Atsushi and Kenji stay protecting us while we still thinking about the next move that we will make next.

But suddenly Atsushi said that they are fighting someone from the Mafia in the sewer. Tanizaki turn the bombs on when we know that Atsushi and Kenji was not in that place again.

Atsushi said, it was the Mafia's member that has red hair and can fight the gravity. So, it's Chuuya. He must have fight us to kill our leader to save their leader.

But we will still protect our leader whatever the risk is.

"It's not over." Ranpo said

"What do you mean?"

Suddenly the ceiling was exploded and there are a masked guy with white hair. He was floating and with his ability, there was a fat guy tied and struggled on it.

"Shit! What the fuck, dude?" That fat guy said.

"Who are you, guys? And what are y-" Atsushi neck was caught by that white hair guy.

Then from the wreckage, Chuuya came and attacked that white haired guy. Because of it, Atsushi can escaped that kind of rope ability. But not for the fat guy, he's still on it.

The white haired guy remove his mask and we know who was it.

It was the former member of Guild, Nathaniel Hawtorne.

"You..."

"This is Dostoevsky's demand. Because of you guys, the humans with a lot of sins will do the commendable request, the Cannibalism will be over right now." We all surprised by that.

"DON'T PLAY WITH US!" Chuuya said.

"Hold on, we can trust him." Ranpo seems seriously trust this guy's words.

"In this letter, there are several quest that my Savior, Fyodor Dostoevsky wants you guys to do. And... after that the Cannibalism era will be over. Without violence and struggle, The God has forgiven your sin."

"Can we actually trust this?" Atsushi asked.

Ranpo takes the letter and read it. He pass me the letter when he finished read it.

The letter :

Cannibalism, was a symbol of surviving. We lived in a dirty and disgusting world.