Chapter 31 - Distributed

Natsume Souseki's POV

After all those information that I got, I moved to a secret place when nobody knew this place is existed.

It's Katai's apartment. Katai is a professional hacker that has an ability to be connected with electronics as their friends.

He can talk with all of those devices to gather some information that I need. Especially, the place of that novel's handler.

When I fully transformed into a whole human, I investigate his room. There are soo many trashes that wrapped with plastic bag. It seems like he rarely get out from his room.

He called himself as a "Hikikomori", which that means a person who likely love to stay in their room.

When I enter his room, I was so surprised when he wasn't there.

The thing that was left was only his Futon, a Japanese traditional bed.

"Searching for our former member, Mr. Cat?" Someone called me from behind my back.

"Former member? Must be the agency. Who are you?"

I turned my head and there was a young man with detective clothes.

I've seen this guy. As what I remember, when he was younger, he always stick with Fukuzawa, my old pupil. He didn't change too much.

"How was Fukuzawa?"

"It seems like you missing your students already, sir..." He talks as he knows about my past.

"Hmm, yeah. That two little bad kids give me a little great memory, hahaha." We both laugh.

"Mr. Cat... you ask about his conditions confidently, but you know the answer, right?"

The agency had so much troubles these days. And from what I know, they are not in a good condition, like what he's trying to tell me.

"Yes. I was just hoping the best for all of my pupils."

"You... you are the one who called 'a human that knows everything', am I right?" He justified himself to convince me, so I will answer his questions next.

"What an old days... but, I was just a wondering cat now. What can I do, haha-"

"That girl, was with us from the start. But, now... it seems I took a wrong option to send them to that place." I widened my eyes.

"So, it's true that you guys already with [(Y/N)(L/N)]."

"Yes. And now, I have moved Katai-san to the safer place. Because I need to free Director before they took (Y/N)."

"Is it even possible right on the time?" He lowered his face and looked so pressed.

"No... I have no confidence since Director chooses that option. I still can't believe he said that he will take all of the consequences because of the problems that his friend made."

From what I've been remember. This guy, Edogawa Ranpo is a person who has a good vision. He's an ordinary person who magically can have such brilliant ideas and a unique way of thinking.

But, this is so rare of him. To lose confidences.

"Yes. It seems you are troubled to made such a simple plan to these cases." He sighed and laid his back to the walls.

"First and first, have you guys meet Sakaguchi Ango? One of Goverment's 'Special Divisions of Special Powers' head."

"Hmm... no. But, Dazai might have meet-" He breaks the silence with his glasses falls.

"What happened?"

"Sakaguchi Ango! He will be the one who can really protect (Y/N)! Not the Montgomery's secret room, we need to laid after the Goverment!" He got my words before I told him.

"Good instinct. Now, we can leave them like that on the place you says. And, now... let me meet Katai once before I meet (Y/N)."

He nods and take me from that house with my cat's form.

Alright... I got to know your place right in time.

---

Your POV

There is a person with orange hair and wears butler's suit makes an explosion in the room that he entered.

Once that happened, other explosion started on the other sides of this building.

I told these people to not even touch any finger after this room's door.

Because that would be risky.

But, they're all just left this room for the reason of saving everyone from the collapse building.

I look at the window and I saw skies.

Is this building floated?

"We should go down... I hope those two keep safe, since we can rely on that short girl's ability-" Montgomery grab my shirt and stared at my eyes.

"Don't you know? That you already make 2 innocents in a danger for yourself?!"

"I have told them to not leaving this room-"

"That's because of you!" She throws my body and leaves me alone.

Yes, I feel a little bit guilty for all I've been going through. Feel guilty for my mom, these people, and... feel guilty for Dostoevsky.

I know, hiding will not help anything. The person that everyone have been scared would found me in any time that unpredictable.

"You're the key."

Mom, I never understand your words. I don't even know what really happened. All I know just a little bit memory from Fukuzawa Yuukichi.

I feel like these all hide and seek games just useless.

But, if I think back... why don't they just caught me before these all things happened?

I used to live on the streets with no one protecting me like now.

It could be easy for them to caught me by hand.

If Dostoevsky also the member of that organization...

I have been wondering, is Dostoevsky always protecting me while he was there?

No way... why should he doing that? Is that because he wants to use me by himself?

This all thoughts make my chest hurts. If they started to chasing me right now, that's mean Dostoevsky wasn't there to protecting me again.

So... he's already... leaving me alone...

I saw the mirror and look at my self. White hair, pale skin, red iris... I am far from my old looks.

I don't understand all the changes. What I wanted just... live happily.

"Montgomery! We have saved 52 people and they're all unconscious. Me and Kyouka-chan can't really be visible with the people who already record all the mess." Atsushi came from the Anne's door.

"Thanks heaven! You guys are alright!" Montgomery run to them.

While they're discussed everything, I see someone from Anne's glasses door. He looked at me seriously.

I can't really see his face, but when I realized it, that's too late.

Anne's room broke and this guy gets me and leave those 3 kind people unconscious.

His move is fast until I can't resist anything.

My time is over...