Chapter 18 - Dun-Eagle: Part 1

"Anna what have you got for hair in the evening?" O'Brien asked Anna as they scurried around downstairs, preparing for the big trip out to Scotland.

"Diamond stars and one tiara." Anna said, as O'Brien nodded. Charlotte smirked, of course O'Brien would take the same.

"Milady, what bring you down?" Carson asked startling Charlotte a little.

"Just wanted to add this to my case. Amelia forgot to put it in the case. Not her fault though. I was sitting on it." She said, handing to Mr. Carson as he nodded and handed it to James.

"Come on quickly! Straight onto the wagonette!" Mr. Burrow said, to James as he quickly stuffed the scarf into her suitcase and lifted her case onto the wagon.

"I'm so stressed, we cut this close you know." Charlotte said to Cora sighing. "We get back two days before the wedding. I just pray that nothing goes wrong."

"As do I. I'm sorry dear."

"Are you sure you should be going?" Robert asked Mary who was eight months pregnant.

"Don't be a spoilsport. I still have a month." Mary said as Carson hummed. "You don't think I should be going either?"

"I think you should take good care of yourself milady. That's all." Carson said, as Croa looked at the clock and gasped.

"I told Mama we'd be there on the platform at quarter to, and we're late." Cora said, getting up as everyone followed. Peter was also coming along so he escorted Charlotte in his car.

"I hope they like me." Peter said, as Charlotte straightened out his coat as they waited outside the train.

"They will. How can they not?" Charlotte asked as Peter smiled and held out his hand for her to get into the carriage.

The train ride was seven hours, and almost immediately fell asleep on Peter's shoulder. She always hated this part of the trip. Nine time out of ten she would throw up. Let's hope not this time.

"Peter, I think I'm going to throw up!" Charlotte said, grabbing a bucket that she always brought when she rode a train.

"Hello Robert! How are you?" Shrimpie asked as Robert climbed up the steps to shake hands with Robert.

"Shrimpie this is so nice of you." Robert said, shaking his hand.

"Nonsense. I can't tell you how glad we are. Cora." He said, smiling and kiss her on the cheek. "Charlotte and this mus be your fiance!" He said, kissing Charlotte on the cheek then shaking Peter's hand.

"Yes Sir."

"We've got lots of things planned. The Gillease ball that Mary's always the star of!" Rose said, grabbing Charlotte and Edith's arms dragging them into the house. "Then the lunch down at the mountain loch."

"And the men will go hunting." Shrimpie said as Peter nodded and looked over to Charlotte with pleading eyes.

Right before dinner started a young man playing the bagpipes walked through the dinning room a few times. Peter and Charlotte looked at each other and winced. She also hated this part.

"I should remind you that he'll be back to pipe us awake at eight o'clock." Susan said.

"And he keeps it up through breakfast. So the chance of going back to sleep are slim." Shrimpie said, as Susan glared at him. Charlotte and Peter looked at each other and smiled. They weren't listening to the other's talking, they where just excited about the upcoming wedding.

"So are you excited about the wedding Charlotte?" Shrimpie asked as Charlotte smiled and nodded.

"Oh very much so. I've been dreaming about this moment my whole life. I'm ready." Charlotte said, placing her hand on top of Peter's as he smiled.

"And you Peter. How are you making?"

"I'm fine. Charlotte's been doing all the planning. I'm very lucky to have her." Peter said.

Susan wasn't lying when she said that they play the pipes at eight in the morning and don't stop. Charlotte sighed when she heard the pipes and immediately heard Amelia knock on the door.

"Which color milady. Blue or Green?"

"Green. I suppose." Charlotte said rubbing her face to wake her up. After getting dressed she met Peter in the staircase.

"How was you morning?" Peter asked, yawning, signifying that he was tired.

"I'm not used to the pipes so it was a bit of a rough morning you?" Charlotte asked, running a hand through his sleepy hair.

"It was down right terrible." Peter chuckled.

"Mr. Gregson has arrived!" The butler said, as Mr. Gregson walked in and greeted Edith. "Please meet my father." She said, as they talked for a little bit.

"Papa isn't going to like this one bit." Charlotte whispered to Peter as they approached them.

"This is my sister Charlotte and future brother-in-law Peter." Edith introduced them as Gregson held out his hand to shake.

"Nice to meet you both. Heard such good things about both of you." He said, as Susan interrupted.

"I think we're going in now." She said, as everyone nodded and started moving to the dining area.

"He seems nice." Peter said, as Charlotte nodded. "Matthew's invited him stocking tomorrow with us. I guess it'll be a good opportunity to get to know him a little." Peter said, as Charlotte shushed him.

"Quiet. We don't want to make assumptions this early." Charlotte said, as she sat down, not knowing that the dinner was going to be awkward with Susan and Rose on each other the whole night.

"Well good hunting everyone! Mr. Crawley, Mr. Gregson, Mr. Parker! You're with me!" The stocker said, as Peter nodded and kissed Charlotte goodbye as she waved him off.

"We're leaving quite soon." Rose said, as Charlotte nodded and ran inside to grab a hat. The ride was only twenty minutes, but quite bumpy. Charlotte was worried about Mary.

"How are you feeling?" Charlotte asked Mary. As she smiled and held onto Charlotte's arm tight. "Do you want us to pull over?"

"No. I'll be fine." Mary said, as Charlotte nodded and kept a close eye on her sister.

"How tiny the glens make one feel." Edith said, after lunch was finished.

"That's the thing about nature. There's so much of it." Violet said, causing Charlotte to giggle at her grandmother.

"Must be lovely to be queen of such a kingdom." Cora said to Susan.

"You're right. We're very lucky." Susan said as Robert and Shrimpie joined for the remaining luncheon, but still no Matthew, Michael, or Peter.

(No wedding yet. I think in chapter 20. But I hope you like it double update night!)