Chapter 27 - Band

Words: 1314

Hello everyone, I've emerged from the dead to write this chapter, I am still writing other fics slowly. I've been kinda unmotivated to write for the last few months, but I hope you like this chapter. 

"Happy birthday cousin Robert!" Rose said, as she quickly ran out of the dining room to signal to her 'surprise', all of a sudden a band started playing in the other room causing everyone to stand and follow Rose

"Happy birthday cousin Robert!" Rose said, as she quickly ran out of the dining room to signal to her 'surprise', all of a sudden a band started playing in the other room causing everyone to stand and follow Rose. Everyone was surprised, but they were more surprised about seeing a black singer. 

"Come on Pete, let's dance," Charlotte said dragging her husband out on the floor as he smiled and handed his drink to Tom. 

Charlotte could only dance the once before her feet started to hurt, so she went to sit beside granny. 

"You aren't going dancing?" She joked as Violet rolled her eyes, but grinned. 

"I'm surprised you went,"

"I'm only six months," Charlotte said, "what do you think of Tony and Mary? Do you think they'll get back together?" 

"I think so. I like to think she'll do what's best for the family," Granny said as Charlotte shrugged. 

"I don't think that Tony challenges Mary the way she needs. I don't think she'll be happy." 

"Sometimes we have to sacrifice our happiness for others," Granny said as Charlotte sighed and excused herself to go find Tom who was dancing with Edith. She took a quick glance at Carson who looked absolutely horrified at the fact that Rose had hired a black singer.

"OH lighten up Carson, have some fun while it's here!" Charlotte said grabbing his hands and hoisting him up to dance with her. Carson tried protesting a bit but after a few seconds starting dancing with Mrs. Hughes. 

"Happy birthday Papa," 

"Thank you, it was a good day indeed!" Robert said giving his daughter a kiss on the cheek. 

The next morning Charlotte wakes up to a empty bed, confused, she looked around the room to see Peter's dressing room lights on. 

"Peter?" She asks slightly sitting up as Peter sticks his head in. "Why are you up at such an hour? It's your day off." 

"I'm going to the Abbey to discuss tenancy with Robert, Mary, and Tom. They insist I am involved in the matter. I was going to let you sleep in and be back by luncheon," he said coming over and giving her a kiss. 

"Alight, have fun," she joked as Peter chuckled and waved her goodbye, leaving Charlotte alone.  A few minutes later Amelia came up with the breakfast trey.

"When we were at the Abbey last night, I heard gossip about Mary and that man who's staying at the house to inspect the farms, Charles? "Amelia asked .