Chapter 32- A New Chapter

Words: 785

A/N: We love original story progression. Yeah, Welcome Estell (Stella) Parker to the story, hope you like her and enjoy the next phase of this book. Season five has officially begun!

"Peter!" Charlotte said shaking Peter awake from his deep sleep

"What's wrong?" Peter asked, rubbing his eyes looking up at his wife. 

"I think I'm having contractions. I need to go to the hospital!" Charlotte said, as Peter jumped up from the bed. 

"Really?" He asked, as Charlotte nodded. Peter quickly rang the bell for Amelia and the butler. When Amelia came up, she quickly packed Charlotte's bag while they pulled the car out front and helped Charlotte get changed. 

By the time they got to the hospital, most of Charlotte's family was there waiting for them. Cora, Robert, Tom, Mary, Edith, Isobel, Tony Gillingham, and Granny was on her way. 

"How are you feeling dear?" Cora asked, taking her daughters hand as the nurses starting preparing things around them. 

"Scared, but so ready to see them," Charlotte gushed. Isobel was going to be Charlotte's midwife, so she came in shortly after the nurses had finished preparing Charlotte and the room. 

"Do you want to stay?" Isobel asked Peter, as he nodded and held Charlotte's hand. Cora moved over to Peter's side as well so that Isobel could get to work. 

The birth took about two hours of contractions, but at five twenty three in the morning, Estella Lea Parker was born. 

"Oh Charlotte, she's beautiful!" Cora said, putting the baby against Charlotte's chest. Charlottes smiled, and touched the baby's head before looking up at Peter, who had tears streaming down his cheeks. 

"Do you want to hold her?" Charlotte asked, as Peter nodded and wiped the tears away. Cora helped position his arms to cradle her and then Charlotte gently placed Stella in his arms. 

"Why don't you go out with her and show her off to the rest of the family, while I help clean Charlotte up?" Isobel asked, as Peter looked over to Charlotte for approval. 

"Go," she smiled. Peter nodded and went out to the waiting room to show the rest of the family. "He's going to be a real natural." 

"I don't know what I'd do without him, so he better be good at this." 

"You're not hiring a nanny?" Isobel asked. 

"I don't think so. It's not like I'm doing anything," Charlotte shrugged. "I don't know, Peter's won't be at home as often as I thought, but hopefully I'll have mama." 

"You'll have all of us dear," Cora said, holding her hand. 

"Estella? Where did you come up with that?" Mary asked, passing the baby to Tom as everyone sat around Charlotte's bedside. 

"I've always fancied the name, and Peter was fine with the name. If it was going to be a boy we would of named him Benjamin Robert," Charlotte said, watching Tom pass the baby to Violet. 

"Well she's beautiful," Violet smiled and placed Stella in the crib. 

"I'm so glad that everything went well, we're so happy for you," Tony said from over Mary's shoulder. 

"We'll leave you to be while she sleeps," Cora said ushering everyone out. Charlotte smiled and looked up at Peter. 

"Everything going to change now, but I'm already so in love with her," Peter said. 

"I know me too. I'm so excited to watch her grow up."

The first night at home was rough, Charlotte and Peter had decided to hire a night time nurse, but she would be her for a whole week, so that meant that they had to nurse the baby by themselves. 

At around two o'clock in the morning Stella started crying waking both Peter and Charlotte up since the nursery was next to the master. 

"I'll go," Charlotte whispered throwing her feet off the side of the bed and grabbing her robe from the bedpost.

"Are you sure?" Peter asked, still half asleep, as Charlotte nodded. As Charlotte walked into the nursery, Stella's crying only got louder. She figured she was hungry so she sat down in the rocking chair and fed her. 

"Hi baby. You like being fed every three hours huh? Well that's very inconvenient for me and Papa," Charlotte joked. 

After ten minutes of feeding, Stella fell asleep again, so Charlotte genteelly placed her back in the crib and made her way back to bed. 

"How was she?" Peter asked as Charlotte entered the room. He was sitting up in bed, glasses on, and reading the log books. 

"Just hungry, we had a snack and talked for a bit before she fell asleep on me," you sighed laying down next to him. "Your turn to have a snack and talk next time." 

"Gotcha."