Chapter 5 - Until We Meet Again

Today was the day that Mary and Matthew were coming home, which meant that it was also time for Peter to leave. Charlotte and Peter had spent two weeks doing nothing but enjoy each other's company in everything they did. He had told everyone that'd he'd stay until after luncheon, and wouldn't stay to welcome Mary and Matthew home.

"So you're going back to America?" Charlotte asked as Peter nodded.

"Only for a week, just to sort things out. I'll be back, I ended up buying that house." He said, right before Robert stuck his head in.

"Are you coming, they just left the train stain." Robert said as they both nodded and stood up, Peter smiled and gestured for Charlotte to go ahead of him as she chuckled but walked out first.

Robert, Cora, Edith, and Alfred were already waiting to greet them. Charlotte quickly stood beside her sister and straightened her dress as Peter stood behind her, catching James, the newest footman looking at Charlotte.

A ping of jealousy flew through Peter, but quickly reminded himself. 'you're not engaged yet'.

Matthew drives the car up to the front door and hops out giving Robert a hug. Alfred opens Mary's door and helps her out.

"What in god's name is this?" Robert said gesturing to the car, as Peter quickly piped up.

"It's a AC, correct?" He asked as Matthew nodded and shook his hand. "It's beautiful."

"Thank you. I picked it up on the way back." He said looking over to Mary who was kissing Charlotte on the cheek. 

"Well at least it's English." Robert said as the two men laughed.

"How was the honeymoon?" Charlotte asked to both Mary and Matthew.

"My eyes have been opened." Matthew said as Mary blushed and rolled her eyes before walking in with Cora on her arm.

"Well, this is where I say my goodbye." Peter said as Charlotte stopped in front of him. "Thank your parent's for having me, and thank you for entertaining me for these last two weeks." He said taking her hand and pressing a kiss to the back of it.

"Please feel free to drop by anytime when you get back, and wire when you do get back." Charlotte said, as he nodded and waved to Robert who had waved him off. He smiled and grabbed his bag before getting into the coach that was right behind Matthew's car. 

"Peter wait!" Charlotte said, just as Peter was stepping into the car. He quickly spun around only to feel Charlotte's warm lips on his cheek. "See you soon." She said, before quickly running back inside, leaving Peter a blushing mess.

As soon as she stepped indoors she saw both Mary and her mother looking at her.

"What?" She playfully asked smirking as they both laughed. "He's coming back in a few weeks so you can meet him then."

"I wasn't talking about meeting him. I was talking about how you too seem to be absolute smitten for one another." Mary said as Charlotte blushed.

"So, how did you enjoy the south of France?" Charlotte's grandmother Mrs Levinson asked Mary as they both sat down in one of the fancy sitting rooms.

"It was lovely,but almost to hot even now." Mary said.

"I think it's such a shame they close things up during the summer. I love the sun." Mrs Levinson said as Violet rolled her eyes. everyone in the house knew that Violet wasn't found of Cora's mother, she found her ignorant.

Charlotte decided it was time to grab a drink, so she quietly excused her self and went to the bar cart where her father was, Violet quickly following her.

"How long is she here for?" Violet asked, as Charlotte chuckled.

"Who knows." Charlotte said looking at her American grandmother.

"No guest should be admitted without the date of their departure settled." Violet said making Charlotte burst out laughing. "What?"

After what felt like the longest dinner of her life Charlotte decided to go straight to bed after a few rounds of cards. As soon as she reached her room Amelia was already there waiting for her. She quickly helped her change and laid out her outfit for tomorrow and wished her a goodnight, leaving Charlotte to herself to think about not only Peter, but her future. 

When Charlotte thought about Peter she instantly became so much happier, she felt like she could be herself. She doesn't even feel that way around her family. It was scary to admit that she loved Peter Parker, but that's what it was.

Charlotte Crawley was in love with Peter Parker and absolutely terrified about what it meant. She has never been in love before, heck she's only been 18 for 3 months, bue yet again her parents got married when they where 20. So maybe it didn't seem so far fetched after all.

The next day when Amelia came knocking at her down she saw that Charlotte was already up.

"Oh milady, I'm sorry I didn't know you were already up. I would of come sooner if.." She said but was quickly cut off by Charlotte.

"Oh no, it was my fault. I apologize, I got up earlier and just decided to get dressed myself, I didn't want to bother you. I'll call you next time though." Charlotte said as Amelia smiled and stood behind Charlotte to do her hair. "What's up? Why are you so happy this morning?"

"Can you keep a secret?" Charlotte asked as Amelia nodded, "yesterday when Mr. Parker left I kissed him on the cheek. I mean he's all I've been thinking about."

"You're blushing miss." Amelia said smirking, as Charlotte touched her flushed cheeks. "Well everyone downstairs are rooting for you two." She said.

"You're talking about us downstairs?" Charlotte asked, sounding shocked as Amelia nodded. "I'm honored to be the topic of conversation," she said as they both laughed, "I'm going out for dinner tonight so I'll need to change early is that alright?"

"Alight I'll be here at four." Amelia said as Charlotte nodded and skipped out of her room to run into Matthew.

"You look happier today? Did something happen while we were gone?" Matthew asked as Charlotte threw her hand up. Had everyone noticed?

(Words 1093)

(Hope you all enjoyed this part, I've been really loving writing this story. It's been fun trying to re-write the story and still keep to the story line if you know what I mean. Trying to add characters but still follow the story line. Anyways TTYL)