Chapter 4 - Show Home

"You look beautiful today." Peter said holding out his hand for Charlotte to step into the car.

"Thank you. I dressed for walking." Charlotte said blushing before stepping into the car and scooting over for Peter to sit next to her.

"Well, I think that's a very pretty color on you." Peter said, referring to Charlotte's light blue dress.

The two talked all the way to the last house. Peter asking her about her childhood and her asking about working at such a young age.

"Sir, we've arrived." The chauffeur, said interrupting the conversation.

"Thank you." Peter said quickly hopping out of the car and holding his had out for Charlotte. The estate was beautiful . It had a beautiful courtyard, and was big enough for at least 6 people.

"Wow!" This is beautiful

"Wow!" This is beautiful." Charlotte said walking up to the entrance.

"Do you like it?" Peter asked standing behind Charlotte watching her admire the beautiful architecture of the home.

"Do I like it? I think it's my dream house." She joked, as they both laughed and started walking around. "Oh look!" Charlotte said stepping into the nursery. "The nursery at Downton is so boring." She said running her hand along the canary walls.

"I don't really remember the nursery back in New York. I mean I moved around a lot." Peter said as Charlotte spun around to look at him sitting in the rocking chair.

"This place is my favorite." Charlotte said under her breath, hoping Peter didn't hear her, and sway his decision.

"It's my favorite as well." Peter said, smiling from ear to ear. "Well, we should probably head back . It's almost time for dinner." Peter said quickly standing up, and ushering Charlotte out of the room. 

Peter had already made up his mind. If Charlotte liked this house, it's a done deal.

"How was it?" Cora asked as Charlotte and Peter made there way into the sitting room, waiting for dinner to be ready.

"They were all impressive, but I liked the last on we visited the most. It had marble pillars, and a beautiful courtyard." Charlotte said, as Peter walked over to Robert and Tom.

"I'm just hang over here for a little while." Peter said as both Robert and Tom nodded.

"Smart choice."  Tom said as they all laughed listening to the girls talk about the houses. eventually Carson came in announcing that dinner was ready, breaking up the conversation.

Charlotte and Peter where placed next to each other yet again. It seems like someone's trying to play match-maker. Charlotte looked over to her mother, only to see her smiling at the two of them.

"Seems like we've been together all day." Charlotte said quietly to Peter, before taking a sip of her drink.

"I don't mind spending the whole day with you. I like spending time with you." Peter said making Charlotte blush.

"Thank you. I also do, but I just feel like now where being watched." Charlotte said, as they both looked at her mother who was try to be discrete, making them both laugh. After dinner, the girls all went to the sitting room to play cards, while the men stayed back to smoke and drink.

"So how was it really today with Charlotte?" Tom asked as Peter laughed.

"It was great, she gave me some good points to each house, things I defiantly wouldn't of thought of." Peter said as Carson came in and handed him another drink. "Hopefully if things turn out the way I hope, she'll be living in this house." Peter said smirking as Robert and Tom chuckled.

"Charlotte doesn't like to run into things." Robert said as Peter smiled.

"I know, trust me. I can be patient."

"You and Peter we're talking all throughout supper." Cora said as Charlotte rolled her eyes. "What was that for?"

"Yes, we're talking because you paired us together, and don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about." Charlotte said as Cora rolled her eyes and re-positioned herself.

"Whatever do you mean dear?" Cora asked, a big smile on her face. "Peter, Tom, Anthony, and your father are arranging to go hunting tomorrow as we speak, which means we should plan a girls day!"

"That sounds wonderful, have a little spa day? Get a facial?" Edith suggested as everyone nodded. "Great, well I'm going to bed. Goodnight everyone." She said kissing both Cora and Charlotte on the cheek.

"I miss Mary and Edith bickering, is that sad to say?" Charlotte asked as Cora laughed, but shook her head.

"It is pretty entertaining." Cora said as they both chuckled, reminiscing on all their cat fights. A few minutes later the boys came, drink in hand.

"Where is Edith?" Robert asked kissing Cora's cheek, before sitting down next to her.

"She went to bed, she's going to London tomorrow, so she wanted to rest up," Charlotte said, "actually I think I'm going to turn in as well. It's been a long day."

"Goodnight dear." Cora said as they gentlemen stood up. Robert kissed her on the forehead and Tom gave her a hug.

"Goodnight." Peter said also standing up, and flashing her a big smile and holding her gaze for a few moments, before watching her walk out of the room. As soon as Charlotte reached her room she quickly sat down on her bed and placed her hand over her heart, feeling it beat 100 miles a minute.