Chapter 19 - Dun-Eagle: Part 2

(It's so hard to write for this show because sometimes days go by. So it's hard to write that and still make good content)

"Ten hours of stocking, and we found nothing." Peter chuckled as Charlotte smiled and leaned up to press a kiss to his cheek. She didn't get to see him last night, so she was just glad she could see him.

"Let's just enjoy the ball while we can." Charlotte said, as Peter nodded and held out his hand as an offer for a dance.

"May I have this dance?" Peter said, as Charlotte playfully gasped and nodded.

"You may god sir." She said, taking his hand and shuffling over to the dance floor. "I had to take reeling lessons before I came to make sure I knew how to reel." Charlotte confessed as Peter fake gasped.

"I also had to take a reel lesson, so you're not the only one." Peter confessed as they both giggled. "No secrets between us." He joked as the music picked up, and Charlotte heard Mosley giggling on the other side.

"Oh dear." Charlotte said, stopping the dance and covering her mouth with her hand. She looked over to Mary to see her sitting down and talking with Matthew. She knew that she wasn't going to stay much longer, probably go home tomorrow. "Hey! Five more days and then we are married." Charlotte said as Peter looked down at her and gleamed.

"I can't wait." He said kissing her.

"Get off the floor!" Matthew playfully said from the side as Charlotte pulled away and turned around to glare at him.

The next day everyone was sent home almost immediately because Mary was in labor. everything was very rushed and chaotic but they managed to make it to the train station.

"How are you?" Peter asked, as Charlotte shrugged.

"I'm fine more worried about Matthew. I bet he's going batty." Charlotte said, watching the train start up and leave the station.

"When this happens to us. I promise I won't make you or even offer the idea of travel." Peter joked as Charlotte chuckled but didn't laugh. She was to nervous. She had a feeling something wasn't going to turn out right.

"You want children?" Charlotte asked as Peter nodded.

"Of course. Don't you?" He asked as Charlotte nodded.

"I do. How many are you thinking?" She asked.

"Maybe three or four. As many as you allow." He said, as Charlotte smiled.

"Three sounds perfect to be honest. But I would be happy with eight if that's what happened." She said smiling, she was glad that Peter was trying to help take her mind off of Mary. "I love you, thank you for trying to take my mind off of it."

A few hours later they pulled into the station to hear that Mary had given birth and Matthew had gotten to the hospital and seen her.

"We're going back to the house, but we'll go see her tomorrow." Charlotte said as Cora nodded and quickly kissed her on the cheek before hopping into the car that went straight to the hospital.

As soon as they got back James was waiting for her and took her coat.

"What did we miss back here?" She asked as he also took Peter's coat.

"We won the tug aware at the fair and earned some money." James said, as Charlotte chuckled. "But the thing is Thomas got in a fight and is going to be out for a few days."

"Is he okay?" Charlotte asked, as James nodded. "It's just going to be us, so tell Mrs. Patmore to make a small dinner." She said, as James nodded and headed downstairs.

"Let's head to the sitting room. I'm exhausted." Peter said, as Charlotte nodded and grabbed his hands.

"Milady we've receive news from the police!" James said, running into the sitting room as Charlotte sighed and got up to answer the phone. 

"Hello, Charlotte Crawley." Charlotte said, looking over to Peter who was leaning on the door frame.

"Is anyone else there?" The officer asked.

"No."

"Okay well then you're going to need to tell the others."

"What is is officer?" Charlotte asked, as Peter walked next to her, sensing something bad about to happen.

"We've found Matthew Crawley's body on the side of the road. He got into a car accident. Milady he's gone." The officer said, as Charlotte gasped. "Hello?" The officer said, as few tiems as Peter looked at Charlotte and took the phone from Charlotte.

"Oh dear, alright thank you officer. We'll make sure to tell everyone else. Have a good day." Peter said, gently hanging up the phone and looking up to see Charlotte wide eyed.

"What's going to happen? Mary just gave birth? The wedding?" Charlotte rambled, tears falling down her cheeks as Peter shushed her.

"We have to tell Mary she has to know, and we can delay the wedding by a few months." Peter said, as Charlotte sighed.

"I know, but I don't want to delay the wedding and Mary's going to have a hard time bouncing back if she does. " Charlotte cried out as Peter nodded.

"I know. But this isn't something you can hide," Peter said. "You would want someone to tell you right?" He asked, as Charlotte nodded.

"Okay. Let's go to the hospital together."

(Words 893)
(Short but important chapter. Next chapter is the new season. The wedding will be next chapter)