Chapter 21 - Honeymoon Bliss Continued

Words: 1429

Warnings: fluff, angst, suggestions but nothing graphic

"I'm nervous. I haven't heard anything from home in weeks. Let's hope the place is still in tact." Charlotte said looking up at Peter who was looking out the car window.

"I'm sure they'd call if something tragic happened." Peter reassured his wife as Charlotte sighed took Jo's hand that wasn't holding the steering wheel.

"I'm going to stop at your parents house before going home." Peter said, as Charlotte nodded watching pull into the abbey driveway.

Charlotte could see her family waiting at the front for her. As soon as Peter stopped she jumped put of the car and ran to give her father a hug.

"Hello my dear. Welcome back!" He said, pressing a kiss to her cheek.

"How was the trip?" Cora asked, giving Peter a hug before they switched.

"Absolutely amazing. We got you all gifts." Charlotte said, as James and Thomas unloaded the trunks from the car.

"Hello Mary, Edith. Lovely to see you two." Peter said as the two sisters slightly smiled but wanted to hug there sister.

"We missed you!" Edith exclaimed as Charlotte chuckled and thanked her. "Come inside so we can talk and get the gifts!" 

"Ok, come on!" Charlotte said, dragging both of her sisters into the house before pointing to the bag with all the gifts. "Ok," she said sitting on the library couch, "we went to London for a few days where we literally slept in, ate, and shopped around. It was lovely."

"I sent out the men. So how was your first night?" Cora asked, quickly sitting down next to Charlotte.

"Mom!" Charlotte scolded, "well for your information it was great, but nothing like you told me about. Anyways, after London we went to Greece and spent the whole week by the beach, where we got your gifts." Charlotte said, opening the trunk where everything was. "I got you all these beautiful scarfs from a street stall, Mary I got you this necklace, Edith a hair comb, and Mother a broach." She said, handing each person a hand wrapped present.

"Oh dear, it's beautiful." Cora gushed, standing up and giving her daughter a hug.

"I also got Tom this little toy for Sybbie, and Papa a book from the first library in Rome."

"So how was your first night?" Robert asked, Peter as they sat down to take a sip of whiskey.

Peter scoffed and took a big sip. "I don't kiss and tell Robert. Especially when it comes to your daughter."

"Wise man." Robert chuckled. "What are your plans for the future, did you talk about children."

"Yes, we've decide to let things happen when they happen. We both live children but want to enjoy being married for a little while." Peter said, as Robert nodded.