Chapter 1 - Meeting my Soulmate

(skipped the whole Larry thing, and forgot to put Sybil's and Cora's mother arrival, sorry. But i did mention them briefly)

"Peter!" Robert said entering the hall to see the young entrepreneur.  "How are you my boy?" He asked shaking Peters hand.

"I'm alright. Trying to manage on my own now is hard,but I think I'm doing pretty good." Peter said as Robert lead them to the library to sit and talk.

"Of course, I'm sorry about Tony." Robert said as Peter sat beside Charlotte and gave a polite smile.

He was quite handsome, and seemed very polite. Not to mention he was very successful and had enough money to buy Downtown over and over again for generations.  Apparently both Peter's parents died when he was quite young and then his aunt and uncle, who were his care takers died when he was 17. That's when he started working with Tony and worked his way up to Co-CEO. Then when Tony died he left the whole company and any money to do with the company to Peter. So he inherited three big estates and sums of money in the matter of 5 years. The company was also thriving , so even if the inheritances ran out he would still be very well taken care of. 

"So how was the boat ride over?" Charlotte asked turning to Peter who looked a little tired.

"It was very long, but it got me here, so I can't really complain much," He said as I smiled, "as you probably know I'm thinking of moving to England to try and expand my company over here, so I'm very thankful that you are letting me stay over here while I look for a estate." Peter said as Robert smiled.

"Of course. you're welcome anytime." Robert said as Cora and Mary came down. "What re you doing down here? I thought they where taking lunch up to you." Robert said as Cora kissed him on the cheek.

"We wanted to come down and see our guests. When is Mr. Strallan coming?" Mary said smiling at Peter and he bowed.

"Anytime now." Robert said looking at the clock on the wall.

"It's very nice to meet you Mr. Parker. Welcome to Downton Abbey." Cora said curtsying as Peter bowed again.

"Mr. Anthony Strallen." Carson said opening the library door to see Mr. Strallen and Edith. She has her arm linked around his and beaming. "And luncheon is ready." Carson said as everyone stood up and made there way to the dinning room. Charlotte noticed that she was placed right next to Peter, probably her fathers doing.

"So what made you think of wanting to expand your business to England?"  Charlotte asked Peter as the food was being served.

"I just wanted a change of scenery. I've lived in New York my whole life, it was time for something new." Peter said taking some food that was being served to him.

"Well, England is such a beautiful place, I think you made the right decision to come here." Charlotte said as Peter smiled.

"So do I." Peter said under his breath, making sure no one heard him.

Everyone, beside Robert and Mary, was in the church including Cora's mother and Sybil and Om managed to make it down for the wedding. Charlotte knew her father wasn't going to be happy seeing the two, but she didn't care. She was so happy to see her pregnant sister.

Peter was sitting right behind Charlotte, he was talking with Tom about cars and engineering. Charlotte smiled, she was happy Tom could finally talk about cars with someone. Finally the wedding march starts playing, which means Mary and Robert have finally arrived. Matthew looked really nervous. Tom, who was Matthew best man, pats him on the back and stands up.

We all stop talking and imminently stand up, waiting for Mary to walk down the aisle. Cora told Charlotte to take Peter to the village and give him a little tour so she didn't get to see what Mary looked like. Charlotte only took him to the hospital and a few little shops, before it was time for the wedding.

Mary looked beautiful. She had an elegant dress with a stunning veil. Charlotte knew when Matthew got a look at her, he would cry, and he did. As Robert took a seat nest to Cora the preacher began the ceremony.

After the ceremony we all went back to the house to have dinner and dancing.

"The ceremony was so beautiful." Cora's mother said as Charlotte smiled politely, but was dreading talking to her grandmother.

"Excuse me, Mrs. Levinson. Do you mind if I steal Charlotte?" Peter asked offering his hand as Charlotte looked surprised but took it.

"Oh of course." She said, but it was too late Charlotte and Peter where already walking away.

"Thank you.+ I love my grandmother, but she only talks about herself." Charlotte said as they stopped in front of the table for a glass of champagne.

"I got the feeling." He said as they both smiled. "Cheers." he said holding his glass out as Charlotte smiled and clinked glasses with him.

"To Mary and Matthew!" Charlotte said raising her glass as everyone also raised there glasses and cheered as well, making Peter laugh. He was captivated at how comfortable she was in front a room of people she barely knew. He found her extremely beautiful and has a truly caring soul unlike the other women he's met. Back in America rich girls like Charlotte would be flirting with him the foment he stepped through the door, only wanting him for his money, but not Charlotte. She seemed like she was interested in Peter for himself, and he liked that feeling.

"Mary and Matthew are going to Paris for there honeymoon. I've always wanted to go to Paris." Charlotte said as Peter looked at her, confused.

"You've never been to Paris?" He asked as she shook her head.

"No, I was to young when my family went, so I stayed behind." Charlotte said with a frown on her face. "I begged mama to take me, but she didn't want to take a little girl around Paris."

"I'm sorry." Peter said as Charlotte smiled and shrugged her shoulders. "Maybe you'll go there one day."

"Probably not, but we'll see. Papa says the only way to go to Paris, if you don't already live there, is to get married." Charlotte said as both Charlotte and Peter blushed at the mention of marriage.

At the strike of midnight everyone was out and Mary and Matthew were packed and ready to go on there honeymoon.

"Have fun and stay safe." Charlotte said giving Mary a hug as she smiled and told her that they would. As they drove off everyone was by the front door to see them off.

"I'm going to go to bed. Goodnight." Charlotte said as Cora smiled and pressed a kiss to her temple.

"Goodnight." Peter said smiling as Charlotte passed him, sending her a memorizing smile.

 (Words 1178)