One: Not The Same

Closing his eyes he thought about everything that brought him here, remembered all the hardships and the heartbreaks he endured. All the pain he suffered, but he doesn't regret any ounce of choices he has ever made down this crooked path he's taken.

Even now with him on his knees with a sword that belongs to his first true friend, once was his lover, and now his greatest enemy in the end, with his two adopted siblings watching it all happen from behind him he has no regrets and no fear. Just closed his eyes and welcomed the sharp pain in his chest, even though he has felt worse before but now he knows this is it.

This is the last pain he will ever feel, his last choice he will make, the last face he will ever see of the one he saw as his one true companion in this world. However, he was still not satisfied, regarding that this was not his first attempt at this life, but his second.

He's made many different choices already and even saved more lives than he originally did, but Madam Yu and Jiang Fengmain are still dead, but not only did he save his adoptive brother and sister, but he also prevented Jiang Cheng from losing his core, so Wei Wuxian still had his.

The one major change in his lifetime was that he grew closer to Lan Wangji earlier and somehow here he was on his knees with Bichen in his chest and with hatred blaring in his eyes, but it could have something to do with Lan Xichen's death, Lan Wangji's older brother, but Wei Wuxian was not even there for the burndown of Cloud Recesses, and the death of both his Lan Zhan's brother and father. He wasn't by his best friends' side when he needed him the most.

Looking into those dark pools of eyes of his friend, Wei Wuxian smiles sadly as blood pours from the side of his mouth. "I-I'm so-rry, Lan Zhan," he whispers.

A dark expression crosses over Lan Wangji's beautiful face before he roughly pulls Bichen from his friend's chest cavity. Falling into a heap at Lan Wangji's feet, Wei Wuxian looks behind Lan Wangji to see the battle that has befallen Nightless City for the fourth time, and for the second time they were here to kill Wei Wuxian but for the first time he has fallen at the hands of his friend, so he just closes his eyes and let his heart soar above the clouds before his entire world went dark once more.

The feeling of death was not only welcoming, but also expected, even though Wei Wuxian will never find peace in death as he never found it alive, but to him, it was far better than living in a world that cursed his name. Though the darkness and the cold feeling didn't last for long, as there was a bright light he saw more than once, even more than twice, he was being called back to the Living once again.

He came again to find himself once again in the streets of Yunmeng Jiang Sect. Dogs in front of him, blaring their teeth ready to bite and feed off of the young Wei Wuxian and the idea came to be an inviting one to him even wishing the dogs would just finish him off, to end his suffering and this time loop he was in because maybe everything would turn out alright if he was never alive to live at the age of fifteen.

Closing his eyes, Wei Wuxian wasn't going to fight back, he wasn't going to allow himself a peaceful death, with no doubt in his mind that this way to die, was going to be a painful one, but the teeth and tearing never came. He opens his eyes to find Jiang Fengmain already standing in front of him, but Wei Wuxian didn't do anything this time he didn't thank the stranger or tremble at the thought of his almost near-death experience, all Wei Wuxian could do was look away from his savior hoping Jiang Fengmain would just keep walking.

Though that never came to pass, for he was carried against his will, back to the Lotus Pier, though he didn't put much of a fight then too. Like the other two times, Jiang Fengmain introduces him to Madam Yu who was, like normal, glaring down at the boy already hating him from the start, but Wei Wuxian didn't stop her. He couldn't even meet her eyes. Jiang Fengmain then introduces him to Jiang Yanli and Jiang Cheng who Wei Wuxian just bowed in respect, which surprised both adults seeing this young child act as if he was an adult himself.