Twenty: Second Life: Cushing Hope Underneath One's Boot

Wei Wuxian, “What have you done?” he asked next to his brother on the boat with the last remaining Jiang disciples. 

Jiang Cheng, “I saved your life… that’s what I’ve done and I don't regret it so don’t even bother asking if I do.” he sighs looking over the horizon as the sun was finally rising over the chard Lotus Pier.

Wei Wuxian, “What are we going to do about your parent’s bodies?” he continued with his questions. 

Jiang Cheng, “Nothing,” he said thinking back when he laid both his mother and father in a hole in the ground in the back of the Lotus Pier, together holding one another, and with the hairpin between them, “They are safe for now.”

Wei Wuxian looks down at the waves that hit the boat, “Does it hurt?”

JIang Cheng looks up to the sky. “Yes, but they hurt me more when they were alive,” he said. Jiang Cheng felt water falling down his face. “It must be raining today.”

Wei Wuxian looks up at the sky to see it would be a beautiful day without a cloud in the sky, then he turns to his brother to see him crying, no weeping, sobbing, mourning for what he lost. “Yes, it’s pouring today.” Wei Wuxian said.

In the far distance, they saw another Yunmeng Jiang boat and in front of it was their sister, calling their names once she saw the sight of them. JIang Cheng and Wei Wuxian docked their boat next to their sister and she scooped them both in a tight hug. Jiang Yanli, “It’s okay,” she told them as they cried on her shoulder, “I promise it will be okay.”

Jiang Yanli looked up to not see her parents on any of the boats, instead, it was just Yunmeng Jiang disciples on all seven boats on the lake. She didn't have to ask, she didn't want to ask. Instead she silently weeping as she buried her face in her brother's shoulders, and the trio stood there for a moment together embracing each other.

It was days and somehow Wen Xu stumbled back into the Qishan Wen, where Wen disciples found their Young Master Wen Xu and carried him all the way back to the Nightless City, where he was placed under the care of Wen Qing who was reluctant to care for her sister, but having no choice she and her brother Wen Ning brought Wen Xu’s health back up in a months time to where he was able to walk around the Nightless Palace with little to no help.

That’s when Wen Rouhan called his first born to the throne room, and where he sat on his throne, was his second born in a seat below him at the end of the stairs but Wen Rouhan ignored the shameless Wen Chao as he was nothing but a disgrace, having a whore on his lap grind down on his son, laughing and smiling to one another. Just the mere thought brought anger to Wen Ruohan but sadly, Wen Chao was still his son.

Wen Xu was escorted into the room by Doctor Wen Qing and her younger brother. Wen Qing and Wen Ning bowed to Wen Rouhan and excused themselves from the room, leaving the three to discuss matters among themselves.

Wen Rouhan, “As much as I am glad to see you up an about son, I am still very disappointed with you as you went against my direct orders to go straight to Gusu Lan only, and nearly cost us the entire upper hand by invading Yunmeng Jiang, and not even winning against such a lowly Cultivating Sect.”

Wen Chao, “Yunmeng Jiang was supposed to be mine.” he huffed like a child losing interest in his whore tossing her off his lap to the ground.