Nineteen: Second Life: Screaming Out With Blood On Our Hands

“A-NIANG!!!” Jiang Cheng screams as he makes the best effort to wobble next to his mother’s side. “A-Ning! A-Niang oh God please no!” he begs. 

When Madam Yu falls, she ends up falling into Wei Wuxian, who helps lower her to the ground where Jiang Cheng crawls to them. Madam looks up at both of the boys but her stare turns full of rage and hatred when they are met with silver orbs.

Madam Yu, “I hate you, you wretched child. I’ve always hated you when I first laid my eyes on you!” she hisses as if she had those words on her chest for too many years before she sighs and lays more flat on the ground with content, “but it seems my hatred was misplaced, when it should have been all directed to my husband and not a dead woman and her only living child she gave to this world.” she remeets those eyes with fresh tears in her eyes, “I’m sorry Wei Ying, because of me, you’ve lived a hard life when you were just a child. If I ever get the chance to relive a life with you, I hope I will do right by you.”

Wei Wuxian, “Madam Yu…” he whispers.

Madam Yu, “No…” she shakes her head before turning her attention to her son, “Jiang Cheng… H-head up son…” she mumbles past the blood that pours from her mouth, “I-I a-m p-proud o-of y-you A-Cheng…”

Slowly she grows stiff and her eyes start to close and before their eyes, she dies as the world around them was on fire. Jiang Cheng started to scream, cuss, yell, and begged, whatever came to mind to him, as his mother was now gone and the person responsible for that was two feet on the ground from them. 

Two feet… Jiang Cheng perks up, realizing this, Wen Xu was only two feet away from him so with the little strength he had left, Jiang Cheng got onto his feet and picks up his mothers fallen sword before slowly inclining his way to the still fallen Wen Xu, who was also struggling to get back up. Making his way far enough, Jiang Cheng raises his sword up high in the sky before the ground shakes. Wei Wuxian and Jiang Cheng look up and see the barrier was brought down and Wen boats made it to the docks and the rest of the Wens storm the Lotus Pier grounds. A Wen disciple ran to them, and their swords met against Jiang Cheng’s sword and it didn't last long before he was met with a sword through the back by Wei Wuxian but it was long enough for the brothers to divert their attention from Wen Xu who was being dragged away by two other Wen’s.

Bending down, taking Zidian from his dead mother and letting it slither around his wrist, Jiang Cheng turns his attention to Wen Xu and coils out the whip and strikes the three of them in the back which earned him a scream of pain from Wen Xu and the two Wen disciples and the three of them fell into the river, below the docks, escaping the wrath of Jiang Cheng.

Jiang Cheng wanted to chase after them and avenge his mother but Wei Wuxian grabs his brother by the back of his robes and hauls the man away, screaming and fighting against Wei Wuxian but Wei Wuxian wasn't letting go and takes Jiang Cheng away from the now burning Lotus Pier and throw him on to a batch of grass from behind the Pier.

Reaching into his robes, Wei Wuxian takes out a talisman and bites his thumb before drawing a ruin on the back before throwing it at the chest of his brother causing a bubble or red spiritual energy to surround Jiang Cheng and starts to float high in the sky.

Jiang Cheng, “What are you doing!” he screams for his brother.

Wei Wuxian, “It’s far too dangerous for you now Jiang Cheng, please stay in there and I will come and get you once it’s safe.”

Jiang Cheng, “NO!” he screams, “THIS IS MY HOME LET ME FIGHT FOR IT! LET ME AVENGE THEM!”

Wei Wuxian, “AND WHAT?” he screams back, “LET YOU DIE FOR IT? THERE WILL BE NO YUNMENG JIANG’S IF YOU DIE FOR THEM TODAY! JUST STAY PUT AND LET ME PROTECT YOU!”