Twenty-Two: Second Life: Don't Expect The One You Hurt, Where You Last Had Them

One Year Later

A child's giggle could be heard running around in the markets in the city of Jiangling, and a young man is calling for the little boy to slow down and wait for his papa to catch up with them. That young man was Wei Wuxian dressed in green and gold and with a green cloak covering his appearance, and that little boy is his new adopted son, Wei Yuan.

It did break Wei Wuxian's heart to hear that even in this life, his little A-Yuan still lost his parents and he was not even a week old. It didn't take Wei Wuxian much thought or time to jump back in and take care of his little radish. It didn't take a lot of convincing to Granny Wen to let Wei Wuxian adopt the baby as his own. When the news reached Baoshan Sanren's ears, she quickly ran to her grandson to abduct her great-grandson from Wei Wuxian. She was ecstatic to have an addition to her family.

It takes a lot of time to get his own son down the mountain to go meet A-Yuan's Aunt and Uncle, who always meets them every four months in the city of Jiangling. It also seems that Jiang Yanli can always find her brother rather easily by the sounds of laughter from little Wei Yuan, as she scoops her nephew up in her arms before Wei Wuxian could catch his own son.

Jiang Yanli, "A-Yuan, do you not realize how busy the market is today?" she gently scolds the two year old, "What happens if your Baba lost sight of you and you couldn't find him?" she asks him.

With small watery eyes, Wei Wuxian turns to his father and says, "A-Yuan is sorry Baba!"

With a nod of approval, Jiang Yanli lets the toddler back on the ground and lets him run into Wei Wuxian's already open arms to greet his son.

Jiang Cheng, "Honestly, it's a wonder why they let you go down the mountain on your own with your son!" he glares at his brother.

Wei Wuxian, "Don't be like that, Jiang Cheng, he is only so young. One moment he asked to be to look at the toys and the next he is chasing a butterfly, what is a single father suppose to do?"

Jiang Cheng, "Be more responsible, and take someone else down the mountain to help you out if you need it!!!"

Wei Wuxian laughed, " Fei Sheng has been hounded by Grandmother Sanren these past few weeks for pulling a stunt with the younger freshmen disciples, there was no way for him to escape her watchful eye."

Jiang Cheng face palms while Jiang Yanli hides a smile behind her sleeve, "Goodness," she says, "A-Xian, you must choose your friends more carefully."

Wei Wuxian, "I honestly couldn't ask for a better friend than Fei Sheng, he reminds me of my younger self when I was more carefree."

Jiang Cheng, "Isn't he older than you by hundreds of years? And also, I never remember you to be such a trouble maker as he is!!!"

Wei Wuxian, "You're right, you wouldn't know would you?" he looked away as if he was watching something from far away, or perhaps looking for something that was lost to him.

Jiang Cheng and Jiang Yanli look at each other and share a look of just knowing, they know there are many secrets that their brother holds behind those sad eyes and mask of a smile. Though they also knew better to ask about it, as Wei Wuxian only draws further and further away from them if they do. So instead, Jiang Cheng bends down and picks up their nephew and places the now squealing child, letting Wei Yuan sit on Jiang Cheng shoulders.

Jiang Cheng, "Well I am starving and I know for a fact, this little guy has a bottomless stomach. Let's go eat!" he calls for his siblings to follow him.

Jiang Yanli laughs, and Wei Wuxian shakes his head at his brother's antics but still smiling brightly. Offering his arm to his sister, she takes it, and Wei Wuxian leads Jiang Yanli to the restaurant that Jiang Cheng was leading the way, with Wei Wuxian's son on his shoulders.