Fourteen: To Learn Is To Forgive Not Only Yourself

Wei Wuxian falls to his knees at the Lan Ancestral Hall to where anyone could hear his knees crack on the cobblestone. Lan Xichen follows Wei Wuxian close behind, determined to get answers for his brother's miraculous recovery from certain death. Though he didn't expect Young Master Wei to kneel at his Ancestry Hall.

Lan Xichen, "What are you doing?" He asked, not understanding why this young man is seeking punishment. It is he who should be kneeling in Wei Wuxian's place for his harsh words and judgment towards Wei Wuxian.

Wei Wuxian, "Strike me with the disciplinary whip, for I did something unforgivable to save your brother."

This news shocked Lan Xichen, "What could you have done to be punished so harshly? You saved my didi! You should be held as an honorable hero among my people."

Wei Wuxian, "if I tell you, you must promise me not a word will be spoken of this. It is to stay between me, you and Second Young Master Lan Wangji."

Lan Xichen, "I don't understand."

Wei Wuxian, "Promise me! Not for my sake but for your brother! Please promise me Sect. Heir Lan Xichen!"

Lan Xichen, "Alright I promise now please tell me what's the matter?"

Wei Wuxian, "I wasn't willing to let your brother. I wasn't going to let him without me trying my best and every possible way I could to save his life."

Lan Xichen, "What did you do, Wei Wuxian?"

Wei Wuxian, "... I took his purity... while he was asleep."

Lan Xichen was confused but also bewildered, and anger came back again as it was running miles away, so quickly Wei Wuxian explained, "Have you ever heard of the technique of Eternal Qi? It's your life source, what your soul is made of, it's also what you would harness from your sword, because it's what the spirits of the swords host made out of, but most don't know of this. The Eternal Qi cultivation is one of the strongest energies and techniques out there, right up there with Demonic cultivation. It's what caused Baoshen Sanren, my Grandmaster, used to reach Immortality, she passes this knowledge to her disciples and down to me."

Lan Xichen, "What can this technique that has never been heard of doing? How did this technique cause you to rape my brother while he was on his death bed?"

Wei Wuxian flinches, "Eternal Qi, if used the right way is very powerful but also dangerous for both user and receiver is if not used correctly, it takes more training for both the mind and body than it would for a normal cultivator to master this, and even then there is no guarantee, sometimes it just comes down genes and a certain type of person."

Lan Xichen, "JUST GET TO THE POINT!"

Wei Wuxian, "I can pass down a part of my life to another person to give them more time and to heal them to how much health I am in. It won't cause them to be like me but it will save a life of extreme measures. Your brother, Lan Wangji had no other alternatives, not even a simple kiss to pass on my life to his would be enough. I had to go on full-on contact to save his life, so I forced myself on him to make sure he would live, damn the consequences afterward." he explains, but not explaining that how much Wei Wuxian passed on was enough to Wei Wuxian's own mortal life and would kill any user, even his Sect. Uncle Fei Huaguang has been using the Eternal Qi Cultivation longer than him. The only reason Wei Wuxian survived was that Wei Wuxian was an Immortal now, but Lan Xichen doesn't know how Eternal Qi works so he doesn't need to share this term with him to hide Wei Wuxian's biggest secret.

Lan Xichen, "How did you know this was going to be enough? How did you know you mastered this Cultivation enough to not endanger both you and Lan Wangji?"