Thirteen: Not Breaking The Ice In Not So Ideal Way

18+ rating at the end of this chapter viewer description is advised 

Screams were erupting all around them. Lan Wangji pulled Bichen from its sheath while Wei Wuxian had Chenqing already in his grasp ready to head into battle, just to see it was just walking corpses that were storming the town. Shaking his head thinking how bold Wen Ruohan was becoming and no doubt it's because he heard that the Waterborne Abyss was defeated so easily in one night by a mysterious man.

He was about to command them to a stop but realized he almost made a mistake, considering Lan Wangji was right next to him. Also considering it was the reason he and Lan Wangji drifted apart in the first timeline and in the second, it was the cause for Lan Wangji to call off the engagement with Wei Wuxian. All because he was a demonic cultivator. That memory still hurt the most to be honest, to learn that even in the first life when Lan Wangji reassured him he didn't mind his cultivation, that it was always a part of him that he would accept, but after what happened in his Second he came to realize that perhaps Lan Wangji lied to him still so freely, and Wei Wuxian never had a clue.

Wei Wuxian couldn't reveal this part about him just yet because if he did, what is to say that Lan Wangji wouldn't try to kill him where he stood, and then find out that Wei Wuxian was Immortal. No, he needs to hide this fact about him just a little longer.

Putting Chenqing back in his sash and tied the sunhat tighter to his head making sure the veil was secured around his face so no one would know who he is. Deciding he would have better luck with Suibian, he pulls out his spiritual sword and in a stance among the corpse with Lan Wangji by his side. Not giving it much thought, Wei Wuxian charges at his first opponent and cuts the head clean off of its body.

Wei Wuxian was glad, he realized at first glance that these puppets were beyond saving. Killing them was giving the poor souls mercy and that's what he plans on doing. After one another, he cut them down like weeds he finds in the gardens back in Lotus Pier, not letting him feel guilt or remorse for this uneven fight. He was going to finish this task and be one his way. He hardly even let Lan Wangji have his own time to raise his sword.

Lan Wangji stood in astonishment at the pure beauty that is Wei Wuxian. His form, the way he moved, even the slightest breeze that causing the veil to lift, to show his otherworldly beauty for even a moment, he was so enchanted by this man that he didn't sense a corpse coming in from behind him that decided to run him through with it's fist through the side of his stomach.

The world slowed to a stop when the smell of copper hit Wei Wuxian's nose and as he turned, he could see crimson red fly through the air and watch Lan Wangji stare back at him in horror. Just as it came the corpse ripped its fist free, screaming as if it was victorious and letting Lan Wangji fall to the ground but not before he tried to reach out for Wei Wuxian with his blood covered hand.

Not letting the gesture go in vain, in a flash Wei Wuxian takes Lan Wangji's hand pulling the other male to him and letting them both collapse to the ground but Wei Wuxian was holding on tight to Lan Wangji's shaking form.

Wei Wuxian, "Please just hold on!" he begs the other.

Lan Wangji, "My fault!" he gets out past the blood that pours from his mouth, "M-M-My f-f-ault..." before his head rolls to the side and he fades away in Wei Wuxian's arms.

His arms was trembling, to realize all of him was trembling with fear and rage, letting his head fall back Wei Wuxian's lets out a piercing scream to the world letting the resentment flood from within letting it all burst from his form turning all the puppets turn into ash in his awake. Gathering the fallen Second Jade of Gusu in his arms, he lets his powers overwhelm him but not in vain as once he turns from city, he and Lan Wangji resides in for a day, he came face to face with the Main hall of Cloud Recesses which was the busiest time of the day.