Eight: All The Feelings Will Fade Away

Wei Wuxian quickly learned having Suibian with him, well it was only getting in the way. Closing his fist around his sword that has been with him through everything, through every life, well it was heartbreaking, to say the least. He even learned fast that he doesn't even need his sword for two reasons. One; he gravitates without his sword. He found this out when he tripped for a split second and it was only the second that it took for his core to overdrive and have him hover in mid-air and with Suibian leaning up against his bag. This one wasn't surprising at all considering he was able to do this with resentful energy so it shouldn't be anything different with Spiritual energy if you are strong enough. Two; he can transport himself anywhere with just a simple thought in his mind. Now this one came to be a shock to him. He can't even comprehend what even happened until later that night it happened.

It all started at the beginning of his trip to Caiyi town. He flew out of Lotus Pier after saying goodbye to his Shijie and the Clan Leaders. He flew a full day and night before he decided to take a pit spot thinking he must need some rest, which came to another shocking factor as he seems not to only not need sleep but also food, Wei Wuxian was halfway there and would make it right on time, but the next day he couldn't help but think of Caiyi town for a moment realizing he's never visited that town that holds so many memories that don't even exist anymore. He wanted to crumble into himself before he knew it, Wei Wuxian with his belongings in his hands, found himself in the very street he was thinking of in just a blink of an eye. He was stunned and so were some of the citizens of Caiyi town once they witnessed such a beautiful man appear out of nowhere.

Stunned for a moment, Wei Wuxian quickly covered his face with his bag and took off to get out of citizens' eyesight and ducking away into an alleyway. He was still shaken by what just occurred a moment ago but decided that this isn't the most important thing at the moment. He needs to get off the streets and hide away in an inns room somewhere but there is no doubt in his mind that the gossip of Wei Wuxian's appearing out of nowhere was already seen, spreading like wildfire. He just hoped that no one here knew who he was and what his name is. Also, there is another problem altogether however but he doesn't even want to think of this at the moment, he needs to get a move on or he won't get done before the Lan Disciples come down. There isn't a doubt in his mind that they were already aware that there is something in their waters, and there were already unexplained deaths by drowning in a town where even a toddler knows how to swim.

Taking a deep breath Wei Wuxian steps back into the streets and keeps his head down to find an inn that would take him in for the day and keep his stuff there for at least three days. Luckily for a weekday that was in the middle of the week, the town was quiet, so which means he must've gotten here before the traffic that he remembers in both of his past lives. Thanking his luck this far Wei Wuxian unpacked his bag and set the desk up with paper and ink and got right to work to make the talismans he needs for the upcoming days, a room service kept bringing him tea in and have them refill once he was done, but he hasn't even touched one jar of alcohol once, even though he craves for that sweet relief. Shaking his head Wei Wuxian looks out the window once he heard the seventh bell that rang high up from the mountain that comes from Cloud Recesses, telling him it's seven at night.

Stretching out his shoulders Wei Wuxian got up from behind the desk, grabbing Chenqing and marching out of the inn, telling the shopkeeper he will be back in the morning, hopefully, and at least give him today to return, though Wei Wuxian knew he will return in at least two days but more likely only in one night he will be done, just in case if something goes wrong, Wei Wuxian needs time to make sure to accomplish his mission he has set out for himself, and now that he is an Immortal there is no doubt he will return alive and unharmed.

Coming over the water edge by the docks, Wei Wuxian rents a boat, but overpays for the boat just in case something were to happen to that boat. Paddling the boat further down the river and far away from the town Wei Wuxian takes a talisman holding it in his lips and he claps his hands and a large golden light with a hue of red flashes straight from Wei Wuxian rising into the air and expanding throughout the sky and creating a dome over the river part of the forest trapping what was underneath his boat and him. Hearing a large roar that was in the rage of the Waterborne Abyss when it realized it was trapped.