Six: Behind The Closed Doors

Wei Wuxian stumbles from the path, his mind foggy as he was bleeding heavily from his back. Normally, this heavy of a punishment was frowned upon, but it was no secret that Wei Wuxian's golden core was stronger than beyond his years, so there was no doubt in their mind he would survive this severe punishment. Wei Wuxian will heal, even though the scars would be there without a doubt, but he might be crippled for at least an entire month as he lets his back heal, but right now that wasn't his biggest worry. It was the fact that he had to control his emotions through the entire beating as his core was working extra hard to keep him from fainting or worse, dying underneath the paddle. His core was working a lot harder than it needed to be. Wei Wuxian almost lost control and let a surge of spiritual energy blast in the middle of the Lan Ancestors hall which would have been a disaster and there isn't any doubt in his mind if he lost more control, likely every single one of them who stood in the hall to watch on the beating would have been hurt, hell even those with weaker cores could have died if he let go. So stumbling down the path, Wei Wuxian made it to his favorite spot in Cloud Recesses where he always chooses to meditate, Wei Wuxian met with the large body of water that was upstream of the river that housed a full of water.

Stripping from his clothes, Wei Wuxian winced and let out a few moans of pain as he forced the fabric from his badly beaten back, but it was a struggle as the blood started to dry causing the clothes to stick to him, so he had to force it off by ripping the torn skin off of his back and he couldn't help but let out a cry of whimpering pain. Finally ridding himself of his clothes completely Wei Wuxian steps into the water and swims to the middle of the river and let himself sink under the surface to where he was deep enough where he let the scream he was holding in out shaking the entire body of river and possible a good portion of Cloud Recesses. Red and black spiritual and resentful energy swarms around Wei Wuxian and skyrockets out of the water causing a huge splash on the surface of the water.

'It's all out,' he thought sorrowfully as he let the darkness take him again. He was able to control it to be let out somewhere safer, but he might as well just die here. Just let himself drown as he sinks further and deeper into the water. 'I am finally done.'

Lan Wangji who not only followed him but watched and felt it all unfold, jumps into the water once he realized Wei Wuxian wasn't going to resurface by himself. Swimming down to where he saw Wei Wuxian sunk, he swims deeper and deeper until he spots Wei Wuxian and swims to catch him and drags him back up and to the bank of the river. Lan Wangji takes off his outer robe and places it on the ground and lays Wei Wuxian on his wrapping the boy up before he looks to find if Wei Wuxian was breathing, he was not. Lan Wangji tried to find a pulse, it was so faint it was easy to miss. Panicking, Lan Wangji set out to perform CPR on Wei Wuxian trying to get the water out of his lungs and for him to take a breath. Lan Wangji, "Wake up!" he demands from Wei Wuxian but he didn't respond.

Jiang Cheng and Jiang Yanli along with all the other disciples followed to where the light show of spiritual energy led them to, to find Wei Wuxian motionless and white as the dead, and Lan Wangji performing CPR on him. Jiang Yanli screams out of terror, and Nie Huaisang pulls her into a hug hiding her from the view, but Jiang Cheng runs to his brother side pushing Lan Wangji out of the way to take his place tipping Wei WUxian's head back, plugging his nose and giving Wei Wuxian three breaths and waited to see if he would breathe on his own, but Wei Wuxian was still not breathing, Gritting his teeth Jiang Cheng started to beat down on his chest with his fist, Jiang Cheng, "Don't you fucking dare leave us like this!" he hissed, "I told you if you can't live for yourself then live for me, live for our sister! WAKE UP, YOU BASTARD!!!!!"

Wei Wuxian heard him, he heard his brother and knew he had to go back, he had to take a breath so he opened his mouth and let the water go from his lungs and coughed up the rest before he took a breath. He opens his eyes and stares at Jiang Cheng who lets out a shaky laugh, Jiang Cheng helps him sit up and pulls him into a hug, "You are not allowed to go without us, we still need you here!" Jiang Cheng whispers to him.