Eighteen: Second Life: To See Fire In The Mountain's and Blood In The Wind

He wishes he knew where he went wrong in this timeline. Why did the Wens go after the Jiangs first? Why can't the Wen's be led by better leaders instead of Wen Rouhan, and his two devil sons? Why did it always come to Wei Wuxian risking everything and always come out to him giving out too much?

He can't think this way, he can't question what if's, because he needs to save the Jiang clan. No matter what, owing them or not, he owes it to himself, to prove he was always capable of protecting his loved ones better than what the Cultivation world prescribed him to be. Always being blamed for their intimate doom.

He raises Chenqing to his lips before letting his eyes turn blood red as he blows a battle cry, raising all of the fallen Jiang's (Except for the children) to rise and have a second chance to protect their home for those who were still alive. Even the four headless Wens were risen to help stop their own people against their will, but Wei Wuxian vetoed their refusals making them go to the front of the lines and charge headless first into the line of fire and killing the first of Qishan Wen's.

The disciples who were left saw the tide of the fight turn in their favor and pulled out their swords to fight alongside their dead juniors. The Wens they slaughtered, Wei Wuxian, also rose to fight against their brethren. Wen Xu was bewildered to see the outcome of his attack on the Yunmeng Jiang Sect. but he came to realize why that was. He sees Wei Wuxian on top of the roof of the Lotus Grand Hall's roof and sees him play the flute in the most magnificent way he has ever seen and that only causes him to smirk, wanting the boy even more.

Madam Yu was in shock after what occurred in the Inner courtyard and having Wei Wuxian appear out of nowhere saving her and killing those imposters for her, and now to witness him using demonic cultivation in a way she could only hear from horror stories, but him having complete control of it and saving her Sect. with it. Her son was in no better condition, in fact, Jiang Cheng was in worse condition but horrified to witness his brother be surrounded by black smoke and his normal cheerful eyes turning into raging bloodthirsty red, scorning down the world as if he was above them all, all this time.

Though it was Jiang Cheng who came first when he notices Wen Xu stocking up closer to his brother as if he was a lion about to pounce on its meal but with the utmost sickening facial expression he has ever seen in his life. Jiang Cheng grits his teeth and uses his only good arm to push himself up again to his feet and switched hands to hold his sword before charging forward to strike Wen Xu. However, Wen Xu heard the Jiang Clan Heir coming and raised his sword, meeting with the weakest blows of the younger's sword he had ever felt.

Wen Xu just reflected the younger's sword, causing Jiang Cheng to stumble back and to be met with Wen Xu's boot to his chest, making him go flying backwards into a brick wall right behind him. Madam Yu notice's her son in danger and she sees nothing but red as she runs to her son's side and raises her sword in time before Wen Xu could deliver the final strike to Jiang Cheng who was still in a daze after the hard blow he took.

Madam Yu glares the man down and lets Zidian out into it's whip form, tying it to Wen Xu's boot, pulling it towards her and knocking the Wen Heir on his back, but Wen Xu was faster as he rolled to the right before he was met with Madam Yu's blade that lodged itself into the stone floor below him. He kicks Madam Yu's hand causing her to lose her sword that went flying away to an opposite wall before Wen Xu tried to deliver another kick to her chest as he has done to her son, but she wasn't going to let him get the upper hand of her, so instead, she raised a hand and struck the boy's foot with an energy blast of her own and once Wen Xu was met with her hand, he felt his leg shatter in hundreds of pieces.

He roars in pain but it was enough time for Jiang Cheng to be up again and he raises his sword to strike Wen Xu in the chest but Wen Xu raised his hand and caught the blade in his hand, slicing his hand deep in the process, but he only gritted his teeth fighting off the pain enough to keep Jiang Cheng from killing him. Wen Xu used his other hand to punch Jiang Cheng in the face making Jiang Cheng to stumble back a little but it earned Wen Xu a swift kick in the face by Madam Yu who then was on top of him pinning him down as her son gathered his bearings again and went to kill Wen Xu but was once again interrupted by another Wen disciple taking Madam Yu by her hair throwing her off of their Clan Heir and tried to severe Jiang Cheng's head from his body by a swing down with his sword but Jiang Cheng changed the direction of his word to be met with that disciple's sword.