Fifteen: Being There For You Is Pointless If History Keeps Repeating Itself

The boats were about to dock as Lotus Pier was closing in and the brothers could see their big sister waiting for them to dock. Jiang Yanli, "A-Cheng! A-Xian!" she calls for her brothers from the docks and it was Jiang Cheng who got to his feet and yelled back, "Jiejie!" before jumping into the lake to swim the rest of the way, after he decided the boat was being too slow for his taste.

Wei Wuxian shakes his head but couldn't fight back a small smile that was forming on his lips. Though he would rather not get his robes wet, so he waited for the boat to dock. Once he steps on the dock, one of the disciples on the boat offers his hand to help Wei Wuxian out of the boat, but Wei Wuxian just waved his hand dismissively before getting out himself. The disciples who were behind Jiang Yanli all bowed and even Jiang Yanli did a little curtsy which caused Wei Wuxian to frown.

He is aware this was expected treatment to an immortal, and there was no hiding it from those he grew up with and know their entire lives. It was impossible for the entire Lotus Pier not to know what he is now, and they didn't keep that secret for long as the entire community of Lotus Pier must know now, as when Wei Wuxain was walking back to their home all their merchandises and citizens would stop and bow to him, and he knows it's not to the Jiang siblings as they are to familiar with them all since they were children running wild in the streets of Yunmeng Jiang. Also his siblings themselves treated him differently as they now trail behind him as it used to be behind Jiang Cheng as he was a Sect. Heir but now Wei Wuxian has a far higher status then Jiang Cheng and Wei Wuxian hated it with every fiber of his being!

Sect. Leader Jiang and Madam Yu were waiting for the children in the swords hall, and once they stepped in, Wei Wuxian and Jiang Cheng were bombarded with disciples and servants greeting their two Young Masters Home after them being long for so long. Jiang Fengmain smiles at the site though Madam Yu huffs and clears her throat causing all the disciples to stop crowding them.

Madam Yu, "If you all have time to pester my son and my head disciple then you all have time to run laps around the Pier!" she hisses, "Hop to it you lazy disciples of mine!"

They bowed to their Lady of the Pier before bowing their apologies to the siblings and they were off to do as their lady commanded them, hoping that Madam Yu will take pity on them and let them join them for dinner. Though they all knew better than to hold their breaths.

When they were out of sight, Madam Yu's posture relaxed and she smiled at her son. Making her way to Jiang Cheng, she straightens his robes for him as if he was still a child. Jiang Yanli couldn't help but hide her smile behind her sleeve but Wei Wuxian just smiles knowing this was Madam Yu's way of showing her son that she loves him. Madam Yu, "Look at you A-Cheng!" she tsk with her tongue. "You were at Gusu Lan for a few months and you already have forgotten how to straighten your robes on your own. What do those Lans teach you in that CLoud Recesses?"

Jiang Cheng, "A-Niang, you know how proper the Lan's are. I would be punished if I was this lazy in their wards, I was just on the road to return to you, A-Die and Jiejie, I apologize if I am a bit unsightly. I am in dire need of a bath and a brush through my hair."

She couldn't stop a small chuckle escaping her lips, Madam Yu turns to Wei Wuxian, "Wei Ying is still dressed properly, though that hair of yours, Wei Ying, needs to be tamed for that alone is unsightly."

Wei Wuxian, "My apologies, Madam Yu." he bows.

...

Sitting in front of his mirror back in his quarters, his Shijie was behind him with a comb in her hand, brushing his mad hair before taking parts of it from the front and braiding them into small french braids along his head and finishing them all the way to the ground. She ties them off before doing the other side and once she was satisfied with the amount of braids in his hair she pulls couple of them back and ties them up with the red ribbon that Wei Wuxian always carries with him and finishes it all off with a Lotus Jade ornament that represents that his title is as high as the Sect. Leaders themselves.