Seven: Holding Onto A Thread

It's been a week since their return, Wei Wuxian is making a slow recovery, but for the most part, he is recovering with the help of Wen Qing, but she only stayed for three days before she and her brother were heading home to their family. Jiang Cheng went back to his normal routine to help train the disciples and lead charges in night hunts in Wei Wuxian's place, taking the younger ones to shoot kites. At night he would spend time with Wei Wuxian and Jiang Yanli in Wei Wuxian's rooms. It's been hard to face one another as Jiang Cheng holds such guilt for what occurred in Cloud Recesses. Even after the Lan Clan apologized publicly and admitted to their faults, it's been shaky grounds between the Lans and the Jiangs and it might never recover from it.

Jiang Cheng was reading the letter that Nie Huaisang sent the day before out loud to Wei Wuxian, explaining for the sense that Sect. Leader Nie is childhood friends with Sect. Heir Lan Xichen, he was forced back to Cloud Recesses to finish his studies, because Nie Mingjue trusts Lan Xichen with his life and trusts his brother's life in their "capable hands," though it was no lie after the news of Wei Wuxian near-death experience at the hands of the Lans, shock the entire cultivation world to its core, and Nie Huaisang mentions it also caused his brother to hesitate even for a man who doesn't even bend against his will.

Wei Wuxian is known for how strong he is for how young he is, and for all the accomplishments he made with new inventions. Wei Wuxian was well known at such a young age, and known to be a complete gentleman, well behaved, and followed the rules to everything to the top. So to be punished for something that is out of his "character" is unheard of and almost falling into death by it. It would shake anyone from such a tragedy.

Wei Wuxian, "I also wanted to talk to you about this too, Jiang Cheng, I think you should go back as well and finish your studies."

Jiang Cheng, "ARE YOU CRAZY?" he yells at his brother and would have hit him in the back of his head if he wasn't already hurt. "There is NO WAY I am going to EVER go back to THAT place AGAIN!!!"

Wei Wuxian, "I know it's a hard feat, but you need those studies. Besides by going back, it could retie the ties between Yunmeng and Gusu clans, all because you decided to be the bigger person and look past all of this and head for the future."

Jiang Cheng, "How can I look past all of this? How can I look past that day Wei Wuxian? They don't deserve forgiveness! They don't deserve a relationship with Yunmeng Jiang Clan!"

Wei Wuxian sighs, "It isn't about what someone deserves Jiang Cheng, it's about doing what is right for your Clan. There will be a time that you will need the Gusu Lan Clan, and that day might be sooner than you might think or it could be years away when you are already in your grave. Do you want to deprive your future clan of that help for what happened in our generation, because it wouldn't be worth it in the end and it won't be worth your time to continue to hold this grudge for someone who has already forgiven them?"

Jiang Cheng was speechless, "Y... You forgiven them?

Wei Wuxian, "Yes and it isn't your place to grow in rage or disappointment in me, for it as it wasn't you had gone through it. You can be mad for your own reasons but you can't continue to hold this grudge for me anymore because I chose to move on."

Jiang Cheng wanted to be angry and demand why he decided to forgive those who wronged him in one of the worst ways, but as his brother spoke it made sense, he can't continue to hold this grudge, but he even recognized his brother's words, because Wei Wuxian said to forgive them but it doesn't mean you have to forget, and just with one look at his brother, he realizes he might have forgiven Gusu Lan Clan but he will never forget what they did to him. Jiang Cheng, "Even if I want to go back, I doubt they would ever take me back after the scene we pulled."