Ten: It's Not Running If It's Not Longing

Lan Wangji couldn't help but grow desperate while on his search for a certain male who he hopes is still in Caiyi town since Young Master Jiang is still here. Though he is very much aware that the possibility of him running into Wei Wuxian is slim to none. He also is aware of what his brother feels about this obsession with Wei Wuxian he has. Lan Wangji knows that Lan Xichen is right within reason almost every time. That Lan Xichen means well even though not always thinking about the feelings of others, and when it comes to Lan Wangji, Lan Xichen sometimes ignores those feelings, acting as if sometimes he can't read him like a book as he has done since Lan Wangji was born.

Shaking the train of thoughts Lan Wangji roams the streets however the sun is already going down and Lan Wangji knows his brother will be expecting him to return to their room before full nightfall. Sighing he was about to turn away and head back to the Inn to meet with his brother, just when he spots a shade of dark purple walking alongside someone with a sun hat and a vail on it.

Realizing he recognized not only the person in purple as Young Master Jiang but he remembers that hat that Wei Wuxian wore earlier. Relishing his luck he quickly follows them to another Inn that the Jiang disciples took residence in the town.

Jiang Cheng, "Please be careful whatever you decide to do next."

Wei Wuxian, "Don't worry Shidi, you will see me again once your year in Cloud Recesses is up. I will take care of everything at home so please take care of yourself."

Lan Wangji, "Wei Ying." he calls out to the two.

Wei Wuxian and Jiang Cheng stop in their tracks and words they were exchanging, turning around to glare down the Second Young Master Lan.

Wei Wuxian sighs and bows to Lan Wangji before bidding his brother farewell, before turning to leave. Lan Wangji, "Wei Ying please wait!"

Jiang Cheng wanted to step in and stop this interaction between Second Young Master Lan and his brother, but he knew that this was between them and only they alone could solve this between them. Shaking his head, Jiang Cheng goes back inside of his Inn while Lan Wangji was "not running" to catch up to Wei Wuxian and stops him by taking a hold of his arm. Wei Wuxian stops in his tracks and stares down at his arm that was in the death grip of Lan Wangji's hand.

Realizing his mistake, Lan Wangji lets him go before starting with, "Please don't go again."

Wei Wuxian, "Lan er Gongzi, please don't make this any more awkward than it already is. I need to be going for I have a long trip ahead of me."

Lan Wangji, "Wei Ying..." he looks down disappointed, "Then let me accompany you."

Wei Wuxian was shocked to hear this news, "Lan Er Gongzi I am sorry to disappoint you but this trip might take months to accomplish. I am afraid I can't ask you to depart from your Sect. for this long."

Lan Wangji, "Where Wei Ying goes, Wangji wants to accompany you."

Wei Wuxian sighs but a small genuine smile escapes to his lips knowing he was never one to say no and break Lan Wangji's stubbornness before. He is still too weak-minded to do so now. Even though it was Lan Wangji who straight up killed him in his last life, Wei Wuxian never blamed him for it, for the way he sees it, if it was his Lan Zhan who deems him worthy of dying then Wei Wuxian must have really deserved death. Though that is why Wei Wuxian is making a big effort of making sure to never let the Second Master of Lan get too close and attach to him because Wei Wuxian, in his mind, knows that he is not worthy of this man before him.

Wei Wuxian, "Please Lan Er Gongzi don't be doing this to me." he begs the other, "We are two different people who will walk very different paths and you even deemed me to be walking on the wrong one before. So let me be on the path I chose and you walk the one that was given to you."