Seventeen: Second Life: Not Under A Watchful Eye and Determination

Sorry, it took me a bit to get it out today but here it is so please enjoy!!!

~Krisamity

Warning Rated Mature is up ahead for the description of death to children and gore, Views are advised to be read at your own risk.

It's been months since the competition and everything seemed to be quiet, too quiet in fact to where Wei Wuxian was going a bit stir crazy if he was to be honest, so he used this time to concrete a plan, he wanted to be prepared for what was supposed to come. He made charms for everyone that was in shapes of little crows made out of pottery. They were good only one use and one use only for you is to throw it to the ground and stomp on it and right away he would be able to feel it and knows his loved ones are in dire need of him.

He sent one out to the Jiang's sibling and even his fiance and soon to be brother in law. He even gave one to Nie Huaisang for safe keepings even though the Wen don't go after them until much later in the original timeline so he saw no need to worry about them. Infact his only worries were for the Lan Clan as they are targeted first for the results of the competition and for Wei Wuxian having a largest kill count was an immediate target on their backs.

Lan Wangji sighs as he wakes up to his fiance slunch over the desk with a messy stacks of paper in front of him. "Wei Ying needs sleep. Wei Ying needs to relax at least for a moment to get some rest."

Wei Wuxian, "I told you of my worries about the Wen Clan, this is no time for me to relax, it will be my fault for the Wen's coming after us and I need to make sure to protect you and the Clan."

Lan Wangji, "Mn, poor choice of words, my apologies but I still stand correct about Wei Ying needing sleep."

Wei Wuxian, "I WILL SLEEP WHEN THE QISHAN WEN'S ARE DEAD LAN WANGJI!" he snaps, but took a step back mentally and taking a deep breath, "Look I am sorry for yelling, I just can't sleep, not when I know my family is in danger! I have to protect you, I NEED to protect all of you!"

Lan Wangji, "But it's not your burden to carry alone, Wei Ying. I am here with you, let me carry some of the burden for you!" he pleads.

Wei Wuxian, "It isn't about burden or entitlement Lan Zhan, it's about what I know that others don't. That's something I can not share without sounding crazy and others judging me." he thinks about his hidden talents and his old titles. The name, Yiling Patriarch still hovers over his head with great weight on his shoulders.

Lan Wangji puts a comforting hand on Wei Wuxian's shoulder before sitting behind Wei Wuxian and pulling the smaller male to his chest, "I am here Wei Ying, please let be here for you."

Wei Wuxian was about to open his mouth as he felt his bracelet on his wrist start to burn, alerting him. He hisses and looks down to see it was The Jaing Clan's charm, other Jiang Cheng or his Shijie broke their charm which means they were in trouble. His eyes widens and jumps to his feet. "My siblings need me!" Wei Wuxian declares.

Lan Wangji flinches at the use of 'siblings' being used to describe the Jiang siblings, even though he was aware Wei Wuxian patches everything with them a while back and grows that bond between them from then to now. Lan Wangji gets up too, "I'm coming with you." he also declares.

Wei Wuxian, "No, not happening, you are needed here if something is going to happen!"

Lan Wangji, "I'm coming too..."

Wei Wuxian, "I DON'T HAVE TIME TO ARGUE LAN WANGJI!" he raises his voice. "If you're gone and something happens to your clan, you will leave them all defenceless. You are the strongest here and your brother and I need you HERE!"