Twenty-Six: The Crooked Forest (Part One)

Wei Wuxian departed Lotus Pier a while ago, almost a full year ago. On the other side, Wei Wuxian was content with the Nies and cherished his friendship with Nie Huaisang. More so than Jiang Cheng and he were, they now resemble brothers. It felt revitalizing.

He cherished the times he got to have tea with his sworn brother or train together in the quartyard. Dinners with both Nie brothers were shared, and the nights were filled with hilarity as alcohol caused the mortals to misbehave. Even though Meng Yao steered clear and didn't make a mistake, perhaps the fact that Meng Yao was present when Wei Wuxian revealed to Nie Mingjue that he was immortal had a role. He understood that young Meng Yao is now even more frightened of him.

With the new residing power within him, he believed he could finally lift the curse off of the mountain and change it into a true home for himself and the Dafen Wen. Despite the fact that has enjoy his time in Qinghe Nie, he knew it was time to move on and make his way to Yiling, he still intended to make the Burial Grounds his home. As soon as it was secure enough for the Wen, he intended to relocate to the mountains. Though he was aware that his initial opinion of Wen Ning and Wen Qing was not the finest since they prevented him from approaching death, he knew in his heart that they did not want to remain on his grandmother's mountain. Seeing them at Cloud Recesses offered him nothing but delight.

He grinned to himself, happy to see his family once more, and didn't seem to mind introducing himself to them a third time as long as they were back. Despite the fact that he struggled for a number of reasons to find it in himself to re-adopt Wen Yuan, his precious, innocent A-Yaun. Also, if he allows himself to become close to the boy once more and then outlives A-Yuan, it will ruin him. Wei Wuxian was terrified just thinking about it, and he knew he couldn't do it. Perhaps he ought to reintroduce him to Lan Wangji, who cherished A-Yaun and had formerly served as the boy's father. Wei Wuxian didn't want to ever see Lan Wangji again, therefore it's possible that Lan Xichen will establish the link between Lan Wangji and A-Yuan.

Wei Wuxain had a lot of plans in mind, but there wasn't much time to carry them out. As soon as Wei Wuxian is more established and Jiang Yanli and Jiang Cheng have grown a little more, he also pledged to return and become sworn siblings with them. Why doesn't he extend the same opportunity to the Wen siblings, he wondered now. When everyone in the world realizes that he is immortal, no one will ever question his sworn siblings since doing so would directly challenge him. For the rest of their lives, they will remain shielded.

Wei Wuxian discovered that since knowing about three different lives is a lot for him, he has to keep a list or journal to assist him keep track of everything. He can overlook some important aspects or fail to carry out a life goal. He realized that he needed a way to keep track of everything and made the decision to see Nie Huaisang, who most likely had a spare item available for Wei Wuxian to use.

Nie Huaisang " A journal that's not been used? Never thought of you as a writer or even as someone who could arrange their thoughts."

Wei Wuxian responds, "I'm not, but this is significant, and even if I were immortal, that would be a long time for me to try to remember."

Nie Huaisang nods in agreement with Wei Wuxian's assertion. " I'll let you have as many journals from my collection of unused ones as you want, even though I doubt you could ever fit it all in one."

"I would like as many as you can supply," said Wei Wuxian. "I have a lot I need to write down, he says."

Nie Huaisang gave Wei Wuxian a questioning glance as he peered up at him, but he made no further inquiries.

Later that night, Wei Wuxian returned to his guest quarters with a quiankun bag containing more than fifty journals that Nie Huaisang had amassed over the years because he considered them all to be so stunning and simply had to have them. But giving them to his sworn brother wasn't difficult.