27. A duo of sinners

Ever since the postponement of their trip to Ifvnar, Kim Jaehyun and the rest had experienced a change in schedule.

The times when they would be training were exchanged with both theory and practical lessons on palace etiquette in order to fully prepare them for the banquet that would take place in a few weeks.

They'd been having these lessons before it was just that rather than palace etiquette, learning about spirit and how to fight with it was prioritised.

Hector Lisel was in charge of their lessons along with a few other instructors that would teach them things like table manners and dance and how society worked.

There was a certain way they had to behave so as not to disgrace the Ledris family. From this, Kim Jaehyun deduced that the banquet would also act as their societal debut since all this time they hadn't really been 'shown' to the public and had just been living in the castle.

Considering the fact that majority of the citizens had long since forgotten about the 179 Prophecies, he was certain they would not be introduced as 'heroes'.

Kim Jaehyun's conjectures were all correct but even then he still felt that something was a little off.

Prince Levi had stopped their masters training them but he hadn't stopped them from training themselves and if they asked he would even spar with them. Kim Jaehyun knew that in a way they were being tested but he still didn't know what about them was being tested, he just knew that for the sake of his own life he shouldn't fall back on training especially since they'd still be going to ifvnar.

If anything he needed to be prepared to even defend himself against the first prince. Kim Jaehyun had long since decided that he would not foolishly trust this place or anyone in it for that matter.

There was another person who had a similar line of thought and it was Park Haejin. She did not have a clear cut understanding of the situation like Kim Jaehyun but she was aware that in this world from the very beginning she was at a disadvantage and she couldn't let things continue that way.

At the very least they needed a way out just in case. This was human nature after all they did not feel any attachment to this world that they had been dragged they could not trust every aspect of it so easily and instead would choose to guard their own lives in such a place.

At this very moment, Kim Jaehyun was making his way towards the training grounds. An hour ago he had completed his lesson in dance and took a break before changing his gear and picking up his staff to go train.

He knew that around this time there would be a few knights at the grounds so if need be he could ask for pointers and maybe get the chance to spar.

Who would've thought that when he went there he would see Park Haejin.

Kim Jaehyun pursed his lips, his brows furrowed and the light in his eyes dimmed. Park Haejin had been avoiding him and the others for a while now. She'd distanced herself from them  a few days after training started and aside from eating meals together or discussing plans when Levi spoke to them, they could never catch wind of her.

That day he had woken up for the first time in this world, the first person he recognised wasn't Han Shinwoo. It was Park Haejin and this wasn't just because they were in the same class.

In fact, all four of them were in the culinary department, they weren't necessarily friends but there was no way they wouldn't know who the other was especially after being in the same class for three years.

But Kim Jaehyun's relationship with Park Haejin was more than those three years. They were somewhat like childhood friends. But something happened, something that made it so that the only thing they shared now was guilt and disdain for each other.