Chapter 9

Kongpob's POV
It's been a few days since I went to Siam Paragon and I hadn't met Arthit since then.

"Hey Kong, why are you zoning out again? It's the fifth time today and it's not even noon." Oak exclaimed loudly and was immediately shushed by other students in the library.

If you're thinking that we came to the library to study, you're really wrong. As you know, we ain't good students that will study in the library, we're here just because the AC in the library is really good and it's free.

"I'm just thinking about random stuff, that's all." Before they can question me further, I quickly change the topic of our conversation to divert their attention," Oh, about the project given by Professor Paga, it's gonna be due by next Friday. So let's start with it, shall we?"

But apparently, I failed, miserably.

"What's it with you, Kong? We always do our projects the day before turning them in and today is only Thursday."

Others started to nod at what Aim said and suddenly Maprang pointed to the main entrance of the library and yelled in a whisper," Hey Kong, your love interest is here. Why don't you go say hi?"

"Hey, he's not my love interest." I glared at Maprang when I heard what she said. She keeps blabbering nonsense these days. Well, it's the downside of being friends with Oak. Plus, I'm not even gay or bisexual so I wouldn't like Arthit, like ever.

But still, I stood up and went to him. He's by the photostat machine printing some notes or lectures or whatsoever. I sneaked behind him and gently tapped on his left shoulder while I'm standing on his right. When he turned to the left, I couldn't help but chuckle seeing his adorable confused face. He looks like a fluffy kitten right now. And when he turned back, he was startled by my sudden appearance and stumbled back a few steps. His face was slightly pale and he's patting his chest while panting a little. I guess I really scared him.

"Hey, I don't think I look that terrifying."

"But you can't just go around scaring people."

Looks like kitty is in a bad mood today.

"Having a bad day?"

"You bet! Everything's a disaster today." He rolled his eyes and huffed angrily.

"Well, why don't I treat you to something to make your day?"

"It's fine, I'm alright but still, thank you P'." He gathered the notes that were photostated and stuff it in his backpack. He left the library after bidding me a simple goodbye.

He's acting a little odd.

_______________________________________

Arthit's POV
Fudge! I can't believe I still bumped into him after avoiding him for days. I had made a decision to avoid him and let our relationship be back to only acquaintances. That way we won't be friends and I won't be close to him. That way I won't get any hope from him and I don't hope about being with him.

I continued this whole avoiding thing until the next Monday and it's my turn for duty. I was standing at the main entrance of the engineering faculty's building and I saw a group of guys coming in. They're smoking while chatting loudly with each other and I know it's going to be hard to deal with them.

"Umm excuse me, Khun. You're in the faculty's building and you can't smoke in here." I blocked their way and said to the person who's walking at the most front.

"You better back off, little dork!" With his free hand, he poked on my chest, hardly causing me to step back a little from him. He then shoved me to the side harshly and I fell on the floor. He was walking away with his friends and I quickly stood up.

"Excuse me, Khun. I don't wanna ruin your day but it's against the school rules to smoke inside the building." I chased after him and tugged his arm to stop him.

"Oh, you're gonna get it you little shit! "He grabbed me by my collar and the smoke was puffing out of his mouth as I coughed at the smell," You're being too annoying now and I'm gonna shut you up."

I was literally floating in the air with the way he grabbed my shirt. He's raising his fist and I can only shut my eyes tightly, begging to the Gods in my heart to let me live for another day.

"Ai'Ming!" I opened my eyes as I heard that voice and I saw P'Kongpob coming in the building with his friends. The guy in front of me immediately retreated his fist and let go of me. He then turned towards P'Kongpob and greets him politely which shocked me.

"Good morning, Khun Kongpob. Is there anything I can help you with?" He said with a broad smile but I can see the corner of his lips twitch a little.

"Ai'Ming, what're you doing here?" P'Kongpob asked with a smug smile.

"I'm teaching this kiddo here a lesson. He's meddling with my business."

"Oh just so you know, this kiddo is Ai'Forth's and P'Tum's cousin." The guy named Ming visibly trembled a little.

Woah, is P'Forth and P'Tum that scary?

"And he's under my care too." P'Kongpob wrapped his arm around my shoulder and pulled me closer to him. My heart started racing and I could feel myself blushing.

This is bad! All my efforts to avoid him are a waste now.

"So, I saw you picking on my friend here. Come on, tell me what I am going to do to you and your friends?" P'Kongpob said slowly to them with a raised eyebrow. But my head is getting a little dizzy as all I could feel is his hot breath on my oversensitive ear.

"I'm sorry Khun, I didn't know he's your friend." There was fear in all of their eyes.

"And now you know. So, what should I do with you?" He turned towards me and his hot breath was fanning my cheek, heating it even more," What do you say, Arthit?"

"It's alright, j-just don't smoke in h-here again." I stuttered as I'm really affected by our closeness.

"Well, you heard what he said." P'Kongpob unhooked his arm on me and strode to Ming," But I'm not done with you, yet."

A/N:
I'm sorry if you guys received a notification about the prologue and thought it was an update. Apparently, clumsy me had written the title 'Prologue' as 'Epilogue' the whole time and I didn't even notice it until a few hours back. But there aren't any changes in the content of the prologue so you guys don't need to reread it.
And as usual, thanks for reading.