Chapter 27

Kongpob's POV
"Hey baby bro, it's been a long time since we last met." I saw P'Joy come up to me and was gesturing me for a hug. But the side of my eyes caught a familiar figure standing by the stairs.

"P'." I quickly took her outstretched hands to shake. I smiled to her while signalling her to look at the stairs and luckily, she understood me.

"Oh, who do we have here?" She looked quite surprised when she saw Arthit at the bottom of the stairs. He quickly came to us and greeted her.

"Good afternoon, P'..."

"I'm Joy, you can call me P'Joy."

Hearing that, Arthit visibly froze on the spot as he forced out a smile.

"Nice to meet you...P'Joy." He said before looking down to the ground, rather upset.

"What's his name, Kong? He looks cute."

"His name is Arthit and we're from the same university." I said as Arthit looked at P'Joy for a moment, trying his best to stretch out a smile.

I wanted to explain everything to him but not here. No one in my family knows about my past and I knew they would all be uncomfortable if they acknowledged it.

"I can't believe you have such a cute N'." She said while staring at Arthit, obviously admiring his looks.

"You're embarrassing yourself, Joy." P'Dan came into the living room as he exclaimed loudly.

"I'm married to you, so what? Can't I still admire cute, handsome boys?" She rolled her eyes at P'Dan. When he reached the couch, she pulled his hand and seated him beside her.

"This is N'Arthit, Kong's junior." Arthit lifted his head and nodded politely to P'Dan.

"P', I've to go. I need to meet up with my friends in an hour." He said while smiling apologetically to me.

"It's okay." I grasped his wrist as I pulled him out of my house. I need to explain everything real quick.
No more misunderstandings.

When we're finally alone, he was walking slightly ahead of me as I peered at his back and his slumped shoulders. He was kicking the stones on the ground and peeking at me occasionally.

"Arthit, I..." He stopped when I called him and turned to face me.

"I'm alright, P'." He gazed straight into my eyes,"P'Joy is really pretty. I get why you like her."

"Arthit, I don't like her anymore."

"Mmhmm." He was smiling too brightly at me.

"I mean it. I don't like her anymore, I like you."

"You don't like her but you still love her. I know you're denying it because she already has someone."

"No!" I was yelling at him frustratedly.

Why can't he just listen to what I said?!!

"I don't like her and don't love her the way you're thinking. The one I love..." I grabbed his shoulders but he was avoiding my gaze,"The only one I love is you."

"Really?" I could see his cheek dimpled and the corner of his eyes crinkled.

"Yes, I love you, forever." I pulled him into my embrace as he lifted his slightly trembling arms to my back and clutched on my shirt.

"Please believe me." I tightened the hug, trying to chase off his insecurities. I know it's always hard to believe a womaniser like me would fall in love with a guy one day. But it's the truth and I'll prove it to him if he won't believe in me.

He hid his face on my chest and I could feel my shirt wet with his tears.

"Please, Arthit." My voice quivered as I tried to hold my tears back. I needed him to trust me, the one I love so much to believe in my love.

I sensed him burying his face even more into my chest as he nodded softly and I felt my heart stop for a moment before it started thumping hard again.

"Thank you, Oon." I broke into an affectionate smile and dropped a kiss on his hair.

"I love you. So much."
_______________________________________

After clearing out everything with Arthit, I'd promised to court him so that he'll believe me. Surprisingly, he'd rejected my suggestion to try pursuing him but I wanted to show him my sincerity and love to him. So I insisted.

"Kong, what took you so long?" P'Joy asked the moment I opened the front door and entered the house.

"Mom, dad, P's, I've something to say." I stood in front of them with my head hanging low," I love Arthit and...I want to be with him."

I looked back at them and continued saying,"I know you might be disappointed that I fell in love with a boy but it's true and I really love him."

"He's the light and love of my life." My eyes brimmed with tears and my vision was getting blurry. I couldn't see their expressions but it's better that way, I'll have more courage confessing to them.

"I'm sorry to say that he'll be the only one for me in my whole life and I won't look at others the same way I look at him." I felt a tear breaking free and quickly wiped it away.

"Please accept me as who I am." I bowed to all of them as my tears overflowed and was dripping on the carpet, staining it wet.

"Kong." I heard mom call out to me and noticed the sadness in her voice, "You're so silly, honey."

She took me in her arms as she sobbed,"We'll always love you the way you are."

I looked up from her shoulder and saw dad nodding at me.

"Dad?"

"You're still our son no matter who you love." He stood up and went to my side as he gently patted my shoulder.

"You're so stupid, baby bro." P'Joy came to us and brought all of us into a group hug.

"We'll always support you and love you unconditionally." My eyes met P'Dan's as he smiled at me too.

I've got a blessed and accepting family and I am really thankful forf it.

"Thank you." I mumbled softly, barely audible while I enjoyed the warmness of their embraces.

"So, is Arthit your boyfriend?" P'Dan questioned teasingly.

"Not yet, P' but I'll be quick."

"You better, I only want him as our son-in-law." Mom said, letting me go while I nodded intently at what she said.

The only problem left is Arthit himself and...

His dad.

A/N:
Thanks for reading, voting and commenting.
Stay safe, guys.