Chapter 31

Arthit's POV
"Arthit, look at me. You've been avoiding my eyes since that day." P'Kong said as he scooted closer to me. It's been a few days since movie night and we're currently in a cafe after classes. It was his idea to study here and I knew it's his excuse to go on a date.

"I'm not avoiding you, P'." I said, staring at my books.

"Did I do something uncomfortable to you that day?" He continued and I could sense his uncertainty.

"No, P'. What you did that day... I like it too." I gazed at him and smiled, hoping he could sense my sincerity.

"So... Does that mean we can do that again?" He asked rather excitedly and I could feel my cheeks heated up.

"Umm... Maybe? I don't know. We'll see when the time comes." I nudged him away from me cause he'd been leaning too close to me, disturbing my study session.

"I take it as a yes then." He said cheerfully before picking up his pen and started jotting down some notes.
_______________________________________

I was heading to class with my friends and one of them insisted on walking the longer path, saying it's after lunch and walking can help in digesting the food we consumed.

"Why are we even doing this?" I asked Bright, the person who suggested this stupid idea.

"I've told you that walking more steps a day can be beneficial for your health." He said and I could see sweat forming on his forehead. He's an idiot. Who would even want to walk under the sun when it was noon, moreover our class is at the very far end of campus.

"Then you can walk alone next time. I'm fine being unhealthy if this is your way of exercising." Toota snorted as my other friends were obviously annoyed by Bright's idea.

"You'll thank me one day, especially you, Arthit. You need to train your stamina." He said while smiling suggestively,"You're gonna be in a relationship soon and I won't allow you to be a loser that pass out in the middle of having sex."

He hooked his arm around my shoulder as I fumed in rage. I shoved him away and started chasing him. He's always able to bring out the crazy side of me.

"Ai'Bright! You come back here before I burn down all of your collection." I yelled at him as he ran,  leading me to the back of the building. Well, don't ask me what the collection was. I'm sure no one would want to know about that.

I almost crashed into him when he stopped behind a bush abruptly.

"Stop yelling, Arthit. I think we should go now." He was acting a little strange as he started dragging me away. But his gestures spiked the curiosity in me as I peeked out from the bush and saw a rather familiar figure sitting on the bench.

"Isn't that P'Kongpob?" Toota said the moment they'd arrived by my side.

"It's him. Maybe he's just sitting there waiting for a friend." Knot added as we all started to hide behind the bush, observing the man on the bench.

"Let's go guys. We're gonna be late for class." Bright said and he started dragging all of us again.

And I suddenly understood why he did that.

A girl stood up from behind the table as she passed something to P'Kong and sat down really close to him. We're too far away from them but I could sense that they're really close as P'Kong reached out his hand to ruffle the girl's hair. The same gesture he did to me when we met up in the morning before classes. What upset me even more is when the girl started pinching his cheeks he was laughing loudly instead of pushing her hands away.

I couldn't bear to continue looking at them. Especially with their sweet gestures.

"Let's go guys, we're getting late now." I muttered and walked ahead, leaving my friends behind me.

"Arthit, it might be a misunderstanding, you know?" Prem said as he was panting, running to me.

"I know. Let's not talk about this." I replied to him and quickened my pace. The whole 10 minutes walk to the class was filled with silence but I'm in no mood to lighten up the atmosphere either.
_______________________________________

Kongpob's POV
It's really odd.

I've not received a message from Arthit since lunch break and he even leaves my messages on read. I wanted to call him but I knew that he's still in class and when I finally got the time to call him, my friends started dragging me back to my dorm to finish up our assignment that was due tomorrow. I was so into the discussion with them that I eventually forgot about the text that was left unanswered.

Ring.

The sudden phone call startled everyone and I instantly picked it up when I saw the phone id.

"Arthit?"

"P'?" He said with his voice slurring.

"Where are you, Arthit?" I gestured to my friends before walking to the balcony.

"I'm outside, P'." He answered and started chuckling,"P', can you help me with something?"

"What is it?" I stood on the balcony, looking at the pitch black night sky.

"P', can you... Can you tell me t-that you love me? That we'll be together? That you'll be mine... Only mine..." His voice quivering with every word.

"Where are..." I was hoping really hard that he'll tell me where he is cause he's worrying the hell out of me.

"Please tell me, P'." He continued as he choked on a small but audible sob.

"I love you, Arthit and I promise no matter what happens we'll always be together and I'll be only yours forever."

"Thanks, P'... T-that's all I need." He chuckled as he hung up the phone promptly, leaving me no space to question his whereabouts.

"Damnit!" I was really worried about him as I quickly ran out of the balcony, grabbing my keys before leaving my room. I saw my friends were all taken aback by my sudden move but that's not important for now.

I need to find him. Right now.

I unlocked my door and was contemplating whether I should call Arthit's friend.

And that's when I saw a figure crouching beside my door, tucking his knees under his chin as he swallowed and blinked a few times. Tears were brimming in his eyes and he was gripping on his phone really tight.

"Oon!" I called out for him and he lifted his gaze. The tears welling up in his eyes finally escaped, streaming down his flushed cheeks, dampening the floor slightly.

"P'." But he was still speaking softly and smiling at me as if everything's alright to him.

And seeing that I immediately rushed to him, pulling him into my embrace as he broke into sobs while clutching onto my shoulders as if I'm his only hope.

A/N:
Hey guys, I know I'd stopped this chapter too abruptly but well... I've no excuses actually.
Thanks for the 10k+ reads. Have a nice day.