Chapter 19

Kongpob's POV
The activities for the second day of the trip are basically some simple games and also cleaning up. When we were all set to board the bus, it's already around noon after we had lunch. For the whole few hours, I didn't meet Arthit at all. It's just like he suddenly vanished in thin air and because of the packed schedule, I can't seem to find the time to ask his friends either.

Maybe I can have a talk with him later on the bus. He's the one leading our team after all.

But expectations are always different from reality

My gaze wandered around the whole bus and I still couldn't find him. There's only one more seat at the back of the bus and when I went there, I saw Bright sitting beside the window. I smiled to him but he just glared at me before turning back to the window.

Did I do something wrong?

The whole bus ride was silent. The usually talkative Bright didn't even bother to talk to me and when I tried to start a conversation, he just hummed as a reply. The air between us became so awkward that I opted to just play with my phone.

Even after we arrived back to campus, I still didn't meet him and that's the last chance. The next time I'll meet him on campus is after a month as it's already our semester break. Since Arthit is not from Bangkok, he'll be going back to his hometown while I stay here alone. I once transferred to his province during high school but that was because my parents were expanding their business there and needed to supervise it. I wonder if I had met him there before. But thinking of that one month long break...

This is the first time I hated semester break.

_______________________________________

Arthit's POV
After changing, I went back to sit on the beach, basking in the morning sunlight. I eventually fell asleep on the beach and because I was soaking in the water for hours, I'd unfortunately caught a cold.

I didn't even realize I was sleeping in the sand. It's Toota who found me and dragged me back to my room. He helped me into a hot bath and when I came out, I saw all of my friends including P'Forth in my room.

"Oon, what happened?"

"I..." I choked up in tears and I gazed down to the floor, not daring to look at any of them.

Suddenly, I was engulfed in a warm embrace and it broke my façade as I sobbed on P'Forth's shoulder.

"I'm sorry, P'Forth."

"There's nothing to be sorry for. You  fell in love, nothing's wrong with that."

"But...falling for him is wrong."

"It's never wrong, Oon. You're not wrong in any way."

"Then...why does it hurt so bad?" I managed to stop my sobbing, still hiccupping as I tightened the hug.

"Love sometimes hurts but are you still willing to love him?"

"I can't choose to not love him."

I had fallen for him, unintentionally. I couldn't change my heart and maybe I'm a masochist.

Cause I'm still happy that I fell for him and not someone else.

_______________________________________

But I need a break.

P'Forth had excused me from all the activities and I got to board the other bus with him. I was wearing an oversized jacket over me with the hood on to avoid others from seeing the marks on me.

At least I can clear my mind before meeting him.

But I'd forgotten that I'll be leaving back to my hometown later at night and I won't be meeting him for the whole month.

I was getting off the bus when I saw him standing near the tree with his luggage. He was looking at the bus I'm on and I quickly hid behind a seat when I felt his gaze on me. But I guess he didn't notice me as he left with slumped shoulders and plodded through the pathway. After a few steps, he stopped on his track to turn and look in my direction again.

Only after he left, I got off the bus to grab my luggage and I went back to the dorm with my friends.

I was packing my things to bring back home when I found an antique wooden case in my drawer. It's from my grandmother and I kept everything precious to me in it.

I opened the lid and saw a pair of gold rings. They're both from my grandparents. They're their wedding rings and they'd been with them for more than half a decade. They gave them to me and told me to give it to someone I love when I met him or her. But I guess I'll never have the chance to give one of them to him.

I put back the rings and picked up a small glass bottle. I took out the paper that was rolled inside the bottle.

I remembered it. I wrote it when I was 16. I unfolded the paper and saw the once naive me.

My Dreams
1. To attend SSU
2. Kongpob Suthiluck

_______________________________________

Kongpob's POV
Okay, it's just the first day of semester break and it feels like I'm going through hell.

Why is the clock ticking so slow?

Come on, move faster.

I couldn't bear it anymore and picked up my phone.

"Ai'Forth."

"Kongpob?" Surprise is evident in his voice.

"Yeah, it's me. Are you free now? Can I ask you something?"

"Yeah, I'm free now. Go ahead."

"Can you give me Arthit's number?"

And after 5 seconds of silence, I heard him hanging up the phone.

What the fuck??

Ting.

I saw Forth sent a Line message and I clicked on it.

"Stay away from Arthit."

What just happened?

Why did he want me to stay away from Arthit?

"Why?"

"Nothing, just stay away."

Okay, it's really unfair here. I clearly don't know what happened and he wanted me out of Arthit's life?

No fucking way.

"Ai'Wad, do you have Prem's number?" I had no other choice but to call Wad for help.

"Yeah, I'll Line it to you...How did you know I have his number?"

"I saw both of you behind our faculty's main building, you know?"

And he went silent.

"Did you see us..."

"I saw it all."

"Including the..."

"Oh, you meant the hug? Or the kiss?"

"I hate you, Kong!" He hung up on me when he heard me chuckle. He's really bad at hiding secrets but luckily he's a man of his word as I soon received a message with Prem's number in it.

Okay, I'm all set.

Mission capturing my little sunshine starts now.

A/N:
It might be a little messy and confusing as I kept changing POVs here. But still, thanks for reading, voting and commenting.