Chapter 26

Kongpob's POV
We're all seated on the couch in the living room as mom purposely made the both of us sit on the loveseat that loveseat was specially picked out by my beloved mom. The seat that she'd choose is the type that's too spacious for one person but too small for two.

It was a torture for me as Arthit was fidgeting on his seat, his smooth pale thigh rubbing against my trousers and his body heat penetrating through that thin cloth. His gesture was tingling my insides as I unknowingly reached out my hand, almost touching that flawless skin.

"Kong!"

I was startled by my mom's sudden outburst as I instantly retracted my hand. I lifted my head and was looking at my parents with an outstretched awkward smile.

"Yes?"

"You're gonna take advantage of him."

I didn't know you're that observant, mom and why did you say it out loud? You're embarrassing me.

"What are you talking about? I did nothing." I glanced to the side and my line of vision fell on Arthit's thigh again. I had no choice but to gaze back at my mom as she squinted her eyes teasingly at me.

Why did he need to wear shorts?
He's distracting me.

"P'?" I looked at him and saw those innocent doe eyes.

Oh the things I want to do to him.

"Y-yeah?" I tried to calm my racing heart but ended up stuttering.

"Are you alright? Why is your face so red? Are you sick?" He questioned while looking at me worriedly.

He's too gullible, Kong.
No dirty thoughts.

For now.

"He's definitely sick, Arthit. Why don't you bring him back to his room?" My dad decided to butt in and he even winked at me.

Did he just send the lion and its prey back to its den?

I love you, dad. I'll give you a hug after the lion devours its prey.

"Really? Let's go, P'. You definitely need some rest." He then helped me get on my feet as I seized the opportunity to lean all my weight on him. He almost fell while I hugged his waist to stabilize the both of us.

"We'll be going first." He nodded to both of my parents and I saw them giving me thumbs up behind Arthit's back. I could tell that they're definitely pleased with their future son-in-law.

It was a rather long journey to arrive at my room as I intentionally dragged my feet with every step. His pace was slow as he tried to be considerate of me.

"I'm sorry for troubling you." I said, not really regretting anything or feeling guilty at all.

"It's alright." He said, panting really softly to hide the fact that he was getting a little spent with helping me back to my room.

When we eventually arrived at my room, he couldn't hold onto me anymore as he accidentally dropped me on the bed with my face facing the sheets. He was stunned for a moment before he came forward to help me out.

"I'm sorry." He said when I finally laid on my back on the bed.

"It's alright." I patted the bed and he sat on it uneasily with both his ears and cheeks flushed red.

"Lay with me."

This sounds so dirty.

He smiled bashfully at me but still laid on the bed.

"P', do you need me to get you some medicine and water?" He was staring at the ceiling as I tried to subtly peek at him.

"I'm alright. I just needed to rest for a moment, that's all." I saw him nodding his head and I opted to stare at the ceiling too.

Silence enveloped the both of us and I didn't really have the heart to break such a comforting moment for us.

"P'." He called out for me in a whisper. I then laid on my side, propped up on my elbow as my hand was supporting my head. I saw his eyes shut and his lips slightly agape.

"Hmm?" He didn't answer me and for a moment I thought he didn't hear me.

"Dad, that durian is mine. You shouldn't take it." His following sentence surprised me and I saw him smacking his lips before licking them.

"P', that durian smelt nice. Is it monthong?" He continued to sleep talking and even made grabby hands. I almost burst out in laughter but immediately held it in to not startle him awake. I was beginning to feel curious about his dream.

Who is that P'?

"P'Kong, you said you gave it to me."

It's me?

Then, a sudden click on the door interrupted my train of thoughts. I sat up and got off the bed. I saw both of my parents smiling sheepishly at me and I exited the room with light steps.

"So?" The moment I closed the door, mom had excitedly grabbed my arm as she questioned.

"So what?"

"Is he your boyfriend?"

"I wish that he is."

"You're such a failure, son." Dad shook his head at me as he said.

"I'm trying to pursue him if you haven't notice."

"Well, we didn't really notice it so that shows how much of a failure you are." Mom added and was giving me a once over. She even clicked her tongue while glancing at me disappointedly.

"You're more lame than Joy when she was courting her now husband."

Are they even my parents? They're calling the child that both of their genes created as a failure. That means that they're both failures too.

"I thought you're having a meeting now."

"Joy is coming home today for dinner so we decided to come back early." Mom said as she led us to the living room.

"P'Joy is coming back?"

Shit.

I'm not sure how Arthit will think of P'Joy when he sees her.

Will he misunderstand me again?

"Mom, dad, I'm home." I heard her clear voice and all I could think of was Arthit.

This is going to be a disaster.