Chapter 23

Finally, the day came. I was graduating from college.

I held onto my cap while locking arms with Kate, "You got your valedictory speech ready?"

"Oh, more or less." Kate chuckled.

"Annie!" A deep and familiar voice called out.

I turned around to see my dad, "Dad!"

My dad ran up to me and hugged me, "Sorry I'm late. I had a hell of a time parking."

"That's okay. You're here. That's all that matters." I smiled at my dad.

"You kidding me? I wouldn't miss this for the world." My dad smiled back at me.

It was nice what me and my dad still had after he and mom divorced.

"I saved you a seat next to Kate's parents, okay?" I said as we entered the building.

"Anywhere you want me, sweetheart." My dad answered as we were separated once we made it through the doors.

"Okay, see you after!"I yelled, watching him disappear in the crowd.

We all made it to our seats. People were chatting till the time the spokesperson came up.

I wasn't paying attention to the first half because I was chatting with Kate, but half the speech made it to me.

"And he's also a major benefactor to our university. Please join me in welcoming...Mr. Jimin Park."

My head turned and I noticed he was seated upstage.

A row in front of me, two girls were smiling and throwing eyes at Jimin.

Ugh...

The clapping died down once Jimin made it to the front, "Thank you. I am deeply moved by the great compliment accorded to me today-"

The two girls began talking, I couldn't focus on what he was saying.

"He's so hot-"

"Oh, gosh. He so is."

These girls don't have the slightest clue what that man is like. Sexual, hot. Fit. They've never seen him naked but I have.

I leaned over and placed my hand on one of the girls seats, "I heard he's gay."

The two girls smile disappeared and looked at Jimin.

"The goal eradicate hunger and poverty across the globe. I, myself, have known what it's like to be profoundly hungry. So this is a very personal mission for me." Jimin moved aside from the mic.

Personal...Jimin...

The woman began calling out names. One by one, people began getting up and getting on the stage.

"Megan Soliah."

"Y/N, Y/L/N."

I walked up to the man handing out files for us. I grabbed mine and shook his hand, "You've done really well. Very proud of you."

"Thank you." I smiled and looked ahead of me.

I kept my pace at normal and tried not to attract any attention as I approached Jimin.

We both reached out our hands and held them with a tension between them.

"Congratulations. You should be very proud." Jimin said grabbing my arm as he held my hand.

"I am. Nice tie by the way." I said with a gentle smile.

"It's recently become my favorite." Jimin pushed aside the subject about his tie with something else, "Do you have your answer yet?"

I looked over to see that the next person was behind me who was shaking hands with the other guy. Her turn with Jimin was coming soon.

"I'm still thinking." I went to pull away but Jimins grip tightened on my arm.

"Y/N, just try it my way. Please." Jimin looked straight into my eyes like he didn't want to lose this opportunity with me.

"Okay," I answered.

"What?" Jimin then asked with a confused face.

I bit my lip and chuckled as I walked away.