Chapter 5

I couldn't think

It felt as if my feelings were tampered with, that or he had his reasons but nether-less, I still felt distracted.

"Alright, pencils down." My instructor called out to the class. "Please take your final exams to the back of the classroom."

Everyone began gathering their things and removing themselves from their seats. "Final grades will be posted in two weeks."

"Hey!" Kate made her way to me with the face of relief but mostly concern towards me. "You good?"

I turned my head, "Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" I looked back at Kate and smiled.

My answer put a sting in my chest. Even my smile was fake.

Kate leaned in with a grin as she lowered her voice, "We are so partying tonight."

Gathering my stuff, I laughed. "Oh my god."

Kate couldn't help but giggle since she was aware of my feeling towards going out.

Coming back home, Kate helped me get ready, which I didn't recall asking. Her makeup routine is most definitely not my taste.

"This is way too much-" I spoke out as Kate placed the lipstick on my lips.

"No-" Kate laughed out.
"You're getting it-"
"This is the exact amount-"
"All over my face."

"That's the idea," Kate said with a smirk.

I turned to the mirror and removed the lipstick that was smeared passed the lines. "Wow, no Kate."

The doorbell rang as I grabbed a tissue.

"Cabs early.. let's go!" Kate grabbed her purse and made her way to the door.

"Y/N, it's a package for you!" Kate yelled out as she grabbed the side note.

"Why didn't you tell me there was danger? Why didn't you warn me? Ladies know what to guard against—" kate read aloud the letter.

"Because they read novels that tell them of these tricks." We both read together.

"That's a quote from the Tess of the d'Urbervilles," I said as I opened the package.
It was a stack of books, books? These are-

"Oh my god. These must be from Jimin. Do you- I mean, wh— these are incredible." I turned the pages, scanning the words, and feeling the texture.

"Wow Park," Kate said in surprise.

I saw the date and the name at the front and gasped, "Kate, these are first editions."

Kate looked up with me and her face spoke what I thought.

"I can't. This is too much. I can't accept these, I have to send them back." I said placing them back into the box.

The cab arrived with the sound of a horn.

"That's the cab. Okay, are you ready?" Kate asked, placing her hands on my shoulders.

I shook my head, but then I thought of Jimin and started to nod, "Yes-"

"Are you ready to-"

"Yes, very!" I interrupted Kate as I finished my drink.

"Let's get out of here," Kate said making her way to the door.

We arrived at the club. The music was so loud, we had to yell into each other's ears. My heart pounded to the beat.

"Alright! Shots first!" Jungkook yelled out.

Kate jumped in excitement, "Shots!Shots!Shots!"

"Nobody holds back either!" Jungkook yelled out as he looked at me tilting my head back and taking the shot.

The taste was not all that appealing.

"Did you do it all?" Kate asked.

I know Kate has done this before many times, but this was new to me.

I shook my head and felt the taste of the shot down my throat.

I leaned to Kate's ear, "I gotta pee!"

I stood up but Jungkook stopped me," Where are you going?"

"I'm gonna go- I gotta pee," I said as I left the table.

I walked to the bathrooms to see a long line.

"Jesus-" I stood next to one of the girls in line and waited.

Jimin crossed my mind. The way he touched my face that day, to only inform me that he doesn't date.

I took my phone out and went into my contacts, I tapped the down arrow button till it reached to Jimins contact and down a few more times to the delete selection.

I hesitated...why am I hesitating?

I went back up and clicked on his number. It started to dial.

I raised it to my ear and waited.

~Jimins p.o.v~

It was a long night and I had one last task to do.

My phone started to buzz.

Who could be calling me right now?

I look at the caller ID...Y/N?

I felt relieved that she called, but I was also curious as to why she was calling.

I answered.

"Y/N"

~Your Pov~

His voice was calm and deep. How can a man sound so relaxing when he says a woman's name.

I giggled, "yep, this is me. I'm sending back your...expensive books...because...I already have copies of those. THANKS tho for the kind gesture." My voice would stop and continue and my legs were shaking and my heart was racing.

"You're welcome...where are you?" He asked after his pause.

The music here was loud..he can't hear it through the call...can he?

"Oooh, I'm in line because I have to pee really bad," I spoke so easily and opened. You barely had more than 2 drinks!

"Y/N have you been drinking?" His tone in his voice changed to concern and as if he were to ground me.

I laughed, "Yeah. I have..Mr. Fancy pants. You hit the hail—hail on the head. I mean, the head right on the nail." I couldn't keep myself from laughing. This was embarrassing but I couldn't stop.

"Listen to me, I want you to go home right now." Jimin then spoke lower and the sound of his voice sounds strangely worried.

"You're so bossy. Y/N, let's go for coffee!-" I cleared my throat and adjusted my voice to a more male tone, "Y/N, No! Stay away from me! I don't like you! Getaway!...come here, come here.. Go away!"

Jimin then cut me off, "That's it. Tell me where you are."

He can't find me haha...Who does he think he is?

"I'm a long way from Seattle. A long way from you." I then added with a sigh.

"Which bar, what's it called?" He then asked.
I didn't want him finding me but I had to end this call, "I don't know but I gotta go tho-" I could hear him speaking as I closed the phone.

I giggled and looked over at the girl next to me

"I told him...right?"

The girl stared at me then looked away.

My phone started to ring, I looked to see who it was and it was Jimin.

He must be mad...

"I'm sorry, I didn't—"

"Stay where you are. I'm coming to get you." Jimin then ended the call.

He's...he's coming??