Chapter 17

Jimin's P.o.v~

I almost lost her. That fucking bastard. In my own home. I had to get home fast. I wanted to see her. I can't believe I let her talk me into leaving her behind. I knew something would happen. Damn it.

Arriving home, I went straight to the bedroom. All the lights were off. Once I entered the bedroom, Y/n was tucked into bed. Holding onto the sheets with her legs close to her. She was alone with Jack. He could have taken her. Thankfully Sawyer and Prescott was here to stop him. I don't know what I'd do if something had happened to her.

Fucking hell Y/n...you promised.

I sat by the bed, holding a glass of wine. I stayed and watched. Regretting that I had left her. Why did I listen to her? Jack was out there, free roaming. Why did she have to be stubborn about it? If she just...went with me, nothing would have happened.

She began to groan as she shifted over. The sun was slowly rising behind me. She rested her head on her hands as her eyes opened for a second. She opened them again once she had seen me and a small smile grew on her face. Why was she smiling? "Hi." She whispered.

I drank the rest of the wine as I looked away from her. As she sat up, I looked at her. I was relieved that there weren't any marks on her. Her neck was untouched. The knife made no indent. But it could have.

"Come to bed." She softly spoke.

I wanted to. I wanted to hold her but the thought of her body laying on the cold floor was stuck in my mind. I placed my glass on the floor and walked to her, touching the side of her face as she held my hand, "Maybe later." I was disappointed. She had broken the promise she made. I was already pissed off that she didn't go straight home.

I leaned forward as she raised her lips to mine. I kissed her forehead and she gave me a confused expression.

Y/n's P.o.v~

Why didn't he kiss me?

His hand slipped away from my chin as he went into the bathroom. I could hear the water being turned on. I got up and walked in front of the bathroom doorway. His head was tilted up with his eyes closed as he stood under the water. I slipped off my clothes and joined him. I kissed the back of his neck, rubbing his shoulders, then wrapping my hands in front of him. I slowly went down his stomach but he grabbed my hand, "I can't." He turned and walked out of the shower without looking at me as he grabbed his towel and wrapped it around him. I know he was mad at me. But why was he acting like this? Why didn't he want to be with me? I wanted to hold him and I wanted him to take me in and kiss me. But he didn't do that. He just...walked away. Why was he avoiding me?

................................................................................

I couldn't focus at work. Jimin avoided me all morning. He wouldn't speak to me, hug me or anything. After what happened last night, I wanted to be in his arms. I was so scared. I felt lonely. I needed him beside me.

"Y/n, hey." Liz walked into my office, holding her tablet. She faced it towards me, "I just saw this. Are you okay?"

I grabbed the tablet and there was a picture from one of Jimin's photo shoots. The title said, Break-in at Park penthouse: Attempted abduction.

Shit. The whole world knows now.

"It must have been terrifying. Are you sure you should work?" Liz asked.

I shook my head, remembering the knife against my throat along with Jacks voice in my ear, "Yeah, it was, but I'm...I'm fine." I stood, "I'm fine."

Liz closed the door and came close to me, "One of the reports said that it was Jack Hyde. What did he want?"

It bothered me that she was asking me instead of Jimin. Did he not care? "Liz, I appreciate your concern but I don't want to talk about it." I gave her the tablet back and opened the door for her.

"Okay...I don't know what I'm gonna tell Mr. Roach." She added.

"Um, I will talk to Jerry."

She slightly smiled, "Whatever you say..." she narrowed her eyes and nodded and walked to the door, "Mrs. Park."