Chapter 9

"Mrs. Park." Sawyer says, opening the door for me.

"Thank you." I walked in front of him quickly, hoping he wouldn't keep up. I glance over my shoulder and he was right there. "Never know you're there," my ass, I thought to myself.

It was my first day back at SIP since my honeymoon. I'd be coming back as boss and married.

As I walked in, everyone greeted me. It felt good to be back. I missed working. I walked into the doorway of my office and was stunned when I saw that it was completely remodeled. The room was spacey and the windows were uncovered. There was a nice couch to the side with two blue and white throw pillows. My desk was long and brand new with two chairs in front of it. And the walls had pretty paintings hanging.

"Y/n," a low female voice called out, "Nice of you to join us."

I was speechless. I was trying to find the words to talk to her after getting surprised like this, "Hi, Liz. Am...am I in the right office?"

"We had a makeover, Mr. Roach wanted to welcome the new fiction editor." She informed me.

They hired a new person?"Who's the new fiction editor?"

Her smile was short and simple, "You are," she gained her smile back, "You got a promotion."

I did? "I got a promotion?"

Her arms raised slightly, "And you weren't even here." She sounded...unpleased.

"Y/n!" A female voice called out from behind.

Liz turned around and Hannah ran, hugging me, "Hi! Welcome back."

"How do you like your new digs?" She asked with a bright smile, still holding me after our embrace.

"Amazing." I smiled, looking at my office.

Liz looked at her phone and sighed, "I'm gonna let you get settled in." She shined her bright teeth at me as she walked out of my office. She stopped and turned to me, "Oh, Y/n, good luck. Not that you need it."

"So..." Hannah watched as Liz left and stared out into the building, "who is that beautiful man?"

Beautiful man? I looked over at what she was staring at. A man standing straight, watching everyone, "Oh, that's Sawyer, my personal security."

Hannah gave me that look with her big eyes and mouth wide open, "Oh."

"I know. It's very, very fancy." I smiled at her. She turned back to look at Sawyer, "Um, can we find a spot for him?" I felt bad leaving him to stand there all day while I sat and worked in here.

Hannah looked him up and down and back at me, "I might have an opening."

My jaw dropped, "Hannah!"

She wiggled, not caring, "What?"

"Down, girl." I looked down at my desk with two stacks of files.

"Uh, everything's in relatively the same spot. Oh, and I asked I.T. to change your e-mail." She informed me.

My email? I gave her a confused look.

"Because they still have you as Y/n L/n instead of
Y/n Park." She looked confused herself. Now I know why.

I'm married now, "Oh. Um, l-let's just leave it...for awhile."

She nodded, "Done. And Boyce Fox is in town. I have penciled him in for 11:00." Wow. You go Hannah. This is...amazing.

"Awesome. Thank you," I looked back at her with a smile, "Thanks, Hannah."

She smiled big, "Yeah."

Once she left, I walked behind my desk and sat down in the chair. All the paperwork was neatly organized. The sun shined perfectly across the desk. This was going to be my office.