Chapter 17

"And Jada needs someone to sign off on the new Carusi," Hannah said, sitting in front of the desk as I sorted out things.

"I kept asking Jack to do that," I answered, agitated.

"Yeah, well, Jack was kind of lazy. Didn't you notice?" Hannah said as she chuckled.

"Yeah. I believe he called it, "artistic temperament." I said, joking. I could care less of the man.

Hannah smiled as she looked at her papers.

I sighed and leaned on my table, "Thank you, Hannah."

"Yup." She said, smiling as she stood up. She stopped and turned to me, "Hey, it's great you're doing this. But it's..."

I threw my hands up, "It's totally weird, I know." I sat down and laughed, "I know."

"I mean, am- am I expected to call you Miss Y/L/N," Hannah asked, raising her eyebrow.

"I expect you to call me Y/N. And I don't expect you to fetch me coffee unless you're getting some for yourself. And...the rest of it, we'll just make up as we go." I shook my head, looking at the office. I nodded and looked at Hannah, "Okay?"

Hannah smiled, "Okay."

After work, Jimin and Taehyung picked me up to take me to my apartment so I could get some things to take to his place.

Taehyung opened my door and smiled, "Miss Y/L/N."

Jimin followed behind me. I turned to hear that his phone was ringing. He was about to push the decline button.

"Take it. I'm just gonna grab some stuff and check the mail." I said grabbing the door.

"I should go with you," Jimin said, looking serious and protective as always.

I stopped him and placed my hand on the side of his face, "No, it's okay. I'll be two seconds." I kissed him quickly, "Take it." I added, making my way to the doors.

As I got inside my apartment, I put my keys on the counter and tossed the mail on the table. I went into the bathroom and packed my toothbrush and toothpaste, along with my shaver and makeup.

As I made my way back into the dining room, I picked up the mail to open it when my memory kicked in. I thought I had seen someone standing by the doorway as I walked into the dining room.

I quickly turned around and jumped, "Leila." I kept calm, "Jimin is downstairs. Do you want to see him?"

She shook her head and pulled out a gun from the pocket of her green raincoat, "I came to see you."

I looked at the gun, hoping she wouldn't have to use it. I could feel my heart drop. I couldn't call Jimin. She would probably shoot me if I did, "Okay." I manage to put a smile on my face, "He told me what happened."

She looked like she was fighting back the tears as she shook her head.

"I know you're in a lot of pain. I'm so sorry." I added.

"He lets you call him by his name." She said. Her voice shaking.

I couldn't tell her why and what went between us. I was afraid I'd say the wrong thing. I could lie. Make her feel better maybe, "He talks about you all the time. He cares about you." I took a step forward slowly but she started to breathe quickly and shot the wall behind me.

I turned my head and I could feel my eyes watering.

She aimed the gun at me, "Don't lie." We both stared at each other, "Tell me what you have that I don't."

"Nothing." I shook my head." This girl was hurt. Lonely. Heartbroken. She probably loved Jimin. I knew that pain. When he wanted nothing from me, "I'm nothing. He'll get tired of me."