Chapter 6

"Hey, sleepyhead, we're home," Jimin murmurs.

"Hmm," I mumble, reluctant to leave my tantalizing dream of Jimin and me on a picnic blanket at Kew Gardens. I am so tired. Traveling is exhausting, even in first class. We've been up for more than eighteen hours straight, I think—in my fatigue I've lost track.

I hear my door open, and Jimin is leaning over me. He unbuckles my seat belt and lifts me into his arms, waking me.

"Hey, I can walk," I protest sleepily.
He snorts. "I need to carry you over the threshold."

I put my arms around his neck. "Up all thirty floors?" I give him a challenging smile.

"Mrs. Park, I am very pleased to announce that you've put on some weight."

"What?"

He grins. "So if you don't mind, we'll use the elevator." He narrows his eyes, though I know he's teasing.

Taehyung opens the doors to the Escalators lobby and smiles. "Welcome home Mr. Park, Mrs. Park."

"Thanks, Taehyung." Says Jimin.

I give Taehyung the briefest of smiles and watch him head back to the Audi where Sawyer waits at the wheel.

"What do you mean I've put on weight?" I glare at Jimin. His grin broadens, and he clasps me closer to his chest as he carries me across the lobby.

"Not much," he assures me but his face darkens suddenly.

"What is it?" I try to keep the alarm in my voice under control.

"You've put on some weight you lost when you left me," he says quietly as he summons the elevator. A bleak expression crosses his face.

His sudden, surprising anguish tugs at my heart. "Hey." I curl my fingers around his face and into his hair, pulling him toward me. "If I hadn't gone, would you be standing here, like this, now?"

His eyes melt, the color of a storm cloud, and he smiles his shy smile, my favorite smile. "No," he says and steps into the elevator still holding me. He leans down and kisses me gently. "No, Mrs. Park, I wouldn't. But I would know I could keep you safe, because you wouldn't defy me."

He sounds vaguely regretful...shit.

"I like defying you." I test the waters.

"I know. And it's made me so...happy." He smiles down at me through his bemusement.

Oh, thank heavens. "Even though I'm fat?" I whisper.

He laughs. "Even though you're fat." He kisses me again, more heated this time, and I fist my fingers in his hair, holding him against me, our tongues twisting in a slow sensual dance with each other. When the elevator pings to a halt at the penthouse, we are both breathless.

"Very happy," he murmurs. His smile is darker now, his eyes hooded and full of salacious promise. He shakes his head as if to recover himself and carries me into the foyer.

His eyes quickly trail away, I followed his sudden movement to be embarrassed.

"Hey." Jimin speaks to the three individuals standing in the foyer.

"Oh, uh..." Jimin puts me down as I fix the bottom of my dress.

"Mr. and Mrs. Park, welcome home." The house keeping lady says.

"Hi, Jones." Jimin speaks to house keeping lady who's standing rather frozen.

The man beside her adjusts his suit, leaning forward as he raises his hand, "Uh, Sawyer, ma'am."

I collapse my hand with his with a gentle, greeting smile, "Hello."

The man turns to the other woman in a gray suit, "This is my college, Prescott."

"Hi." She says, smiling and shaking my hand.

There's two of them...they are Jimin's bodyguards but why do I get that feeling that they aren't here for him.

"Just Sawyer and Prescott?"

"That's it." Sawyer answers, his arms crossed over the front of him.

Oh...okay.

"They'll be in charge of your personal security." Jimin says, rubbing my back. He knows I don't like security. I know Jimin will do everything in his power to protect me but would Jack even try anything? I shouldn't ask that...the helicopter. If it was Jack, then he'd do anything.

"Oh," I look at the two security guards, "Both of you?" Great...

"We'll mostly take turns, Mrs. Park." Prescott reassures me.

Sawyer agrees, "You won't even know we're here."

I highly doubt that. "That seems unlikely but thank you."

Jimin chuckles, pulling me close to his side as he kisses me cheek.

As Sawyer and Prescott leave, Jones smiles brightly, "Can I get you something to eat before I unpack your bags?"

"I'm good," Jimin looks over at me, "Y/n?"

I think about it. I'm not feeling hungry at the moment. I shake my head.

"Some tea, perhaps?" She offers.

Tea sounds very refreshing right now, "Yeah. Yes. Thank you." Oh my gosh...she's offering to get me tea. This was something I would have to get use to. "I mean, please and thank you."

I watch as Jimin finds this amusing. That was a very awkward situation for me but I know that there were to be many more.

"I'll be in my office." Jimin smiles.

Our honeymoon was over and we were already separating. I hated this. I wanted more time with him. Just us two. Now I'll have two people breathing down my back to protect me from my use to be boss.
I wrap my arms around Jimin's neck, kissing him, not wanting to let go. I could feel him smile, "Laters, baby."