Chapter 18

I stayed with Jimin in his apartment. He fell asleep and I couldn't. I sat up in bed, looking out at the city. I got up, only wearing panties. I grabbed Jimin's shirt and put It on. I slowly opened the screen door to the balcony and looked back to make sure I didn't wake him.

I leaned on the railing and felt the cold breeze. As I looked down and watched the city. I couldn't stop thinking. After today...things were going to be different. Jimin truly is changing. I just hope so. I could never be what he needed before but I hope I'm enough now.

"No!" Jimin shouted.

I turned to see him moving his legs and shaking his head. His eyes were closed. It was a nightmare.

I ran to his side and started to shake him, "Hey."

"No," Jimin shouted again.

"Hey, hey, hey, hey." I touched his and rubbed his cheek, "it's okay. I'm right here."

Jimin's eyes opened, "I'm right here."

Jimin grabbed me and rolled me over next to him, "Marry me."

Did I hear him correctly? Was he dreaming?"What?"

"I want you to marry me." Jimin's eyes were half opened and he was smiling.

"Jimin. I think you're dreaming." I smiled and he pulled me closer. Our faces together as I rested my head on his arm.

The morning came and the sun was shining on my face. I could hear music from afar.

I followed the music which led me to Jimin's workout room. Jimin was raising himself, holding onto a bar with both hands. The sun casted a shadow on his back muscles. He lowered back down to the ground and walked to a bench. He rolled his shoulders back and put his hands backward at the end of the bench and began raising his legs slowly. Jimin lowered down and breathed out. He looked over to see me standing in the doorway. I chuckled.

Jimin smiled, "Good morning."

"Morning," I said walking in.

Jimin grabbed a towel and put it around his neck, "Sleep okay?"

"I did. You?" I said, leaning on the bench.

"Like a log." Jimin leaned in and kissed me, "Out all night."

He doesn't remember?

"You didn't have any weird dreams or anything or, like, wake up at all?" I asked, watching him think.

Jimin shook his head, "No. I mean, none that I can think of."

Huh...maybe it was one of those dreams you don't remember...

"I mean, there was a little thing of asking you to marry me, but, uh, aside from that, no nothing."

I pushed Jimin, "Don't mess with me like that."

"No?" Jimin said, walking around the bench, "How should I mess with you? Like this?" Jimin went for my ribs and tickled me. He lifted me and sat me on the bench, "That better?"

I wrapped my arms around him and kissed him.

Jimin pulled away, "I mean it. I want to marry you."

What?..."Why?"

"Because I want to spend every second of the rest of my life with you," Jimin answered.

I just stared at him. I didn't know what to say or think.

"I don't expect you to say yes right away. I know I'm complicated." Jimin said.

I shrugged, "Just a little bit." I chuckled and looked at him.

He was serious.

"You have an assistant?" Mia asked on the phone, "I thought you were an assistant?"

I sighed, "It's a long story. What's going on?"

"What do I give Jimin for his birthday? The boy already has everything except a sense of humor." Mia asked.

His birthday??

"Uh, his wh-- his birthday? When is his birthday?" I asked, sitting down behind my desk.

"Sunday. He didn't tell you? He is so weird. Mom and dad are throwing him a party." Mia answered.

"Didn't they just have a party?" I asked.

"Geez, you're as bad as he is. That was a ball. This is just family, friends, music, fireworks. No biggie. Hey, what about a tie?" Mia continued.

"Jimin has a lot of ties." I would know. He ties me with them 100% of the time.

"Socks, suspenders-- throw me a bone here?" Mia adds.

The line on the phone beeped, shoot, "Um, oh, God, Mia, I got to go."

"Okay, okay. But Sunday or I'll hunt you down myself. Bye." Mia hung up the phone and I answered the other call on the line.

I stopped by a little place to grab some snacks when I saw a keychain, "Do you have a gift box?"

The man raised his finger, "One second."

Jimin waits for me down the road, holding an umbrella, "Hey." He quickly turned and smiled as he kissed me, "Miss Y/L/N. How was your day?"

"Looking up, Mr. Park. Where's Taehyung?" I asked looking around.

"He went to get my bag," Jimin answered.

"Your bag? Where are you going?" I asked. I didn't hear anything about him leaving.

"Ros and I have to go to Portland for some meetings. I'll be back tomorrow. Hey, come on." Jimin said wrapping his arm around me.

"When were you gonna tell me about your birthday?" I asked.

Jimin chuckled softly.

"Your parents are throwing you a party. Were we just gonna stay home?" I continued to ask questions. Surely, he knew his birthday was important.

"They do this every year." Jimin rolled his eyes.

"Um, yeah, birthday." I teased him.

Jimin smiled and sighed, "My, uh, arrival in the world isn't something I feel like celebrating."

"Well, I feel like celebrating It." I took out a small box from my pocket and handed it to him, "Can't open it till the day though."

Jimin smiled, "Then why give it to me now?"

I shrugged, "Call it delayed gratification."

Jimin chuckled.