19. The new found bliss

Chapter track
I wanna hold your hand– The Beatles
______________________________________

Neil

"I'm sorry for behaving like that today." I text her.

"What are you talking about?" She replies.

"You know, when you talked about Penzo"

"It's alright. But do think about it, he is my friend. I don't want everything to go all awkward when the both of you are around."

"Okay. Had your dinner?"

"Not yet"

"Will you come to the balcony after that?"

"Miss me already?" She replies after a few minutes.

"Yup."

"I'll come. "

I wasn't lying. I am indeed missing her already. It has only been a few hours after our date and I'm eager to see her again. I know that I'm turning into some lovesick moron, but no matter how much I try to keep myself together, I can't help it. The idea of being around her is way too tempting to ignore and it makes me wonder if it is just infatuation or something more than that.

She comes out of her room to the balcony with that beautiful infectious curve on her lips, which is different, as it lacks the excessive amount of nervousness it once held.

She takes her phone out which confuses me a bit and then my phone starts ringing.

I raise one of my brows and receive the call from her.

"We don't want everyone to hear us, do we?" She says.

"But we've done this before, we were also singing, remember?" I say, maintaining the silence in the conversation. "And do you know that these buildings are too close. If we only stretch a little, we can even hold hands."

"Well, you weren't my boyfriend then and let's not hold hands like that tonight."

"Very well." I agree.

"Why did you call me here anyway?"

"Just wanted to see you," I reply.

"Don't spoil me with too much attention." She says making invisible circles on the railing while her face gleams with shyness. "It might get difficult for me to adjust when you start getting bored of me."

"Don't worry. I'm sure that will never happen."

"You'd say that now. But once you leave this place, I might only be in your memoir, as your high school sweetheart."

"What if I end up marrying my high school sweetheart and spoil her forever?" I ask, resting both of my elbows on the bar.

She shakes her head and laughs—a laugh that makes me feel wonderful and terrified all at the same time. Wonderful because she is like that blessing disguised as light in the darkness within me, but she is yet to see me possessed under the spell of my gruesome habits. That is the last thing I ever want her to see, but I can't promise, I'm still buried deep inside its enslavement. How would she be able to endure that? I am terrified.

"Neil.." She tucks the unseen strands of hair behind her ear, as hilarity starts to fade and the shades of seriousness begins to take over her expression. "Will you tell me everything about you? I mean.. your conditions, your medication and all?"

"I'll tell you everything, Bianca. " I nod. "Just give me some time."

"Okay." She bites her bottom lip with a smile still deepening the depression on her cheeks. "Will you go to the Church with us tomorrow?"