26. The empty spot

Chapter track-
Need you now - Lady Antebellum

Happy reading (◍•ᴗ•◍)❤
_______________________________

Bianca

Life goes on. No matter how much you wish for the time to freeze, it won't. It simply moves on and on. But you do have a choice--either you can sulk over the things you couldn't keep and hurt not just yourself but everyone around as well, or you can just bottle it up and hide it deep down your heart and pretend that you're okay. I prefer to choose the latter and wait for the time to do its healing effects.

I did well in my exams. I haven't forgotten to smile. I keep in touch with my parents and I can never ask for better friends. They are the coolest people I've ever known. Overall, I've almost aced in keeping my life together after the big breakup.... Almost.

Gangtok is still as charming as ever but the only difference is that it's all painted by the memories of him, of us, together.

"You okay?" Rohan asks me out of the blue as we sit cheering the others play around in the basketball court.

"Me?" I ask him back. "Yeah....why ?"

"Well," He shrugs. "I don't feel like you're okay."

"I.." I hesitate and purse my lips before I find my voice again. "I'm fine, Rohan. I really am." I nodd, reassuring myself more than him.

"If you need to talk, you know where to find me." He says with a gentle smile that displays all the kindness he owns.

"I do." I say blinking away the sting in my eyes.

. . .

Have I said it enough? I really am so glad to have met with such beautiful people whom I call my friends. I sometimes can't even believe if its true. I was living the exact opposite lifestyle barely a few months ago, but now? Things are almost exactly like I always wanted. School is fun, weekends are amazing, I am the part of a cool gang who hang out together, goes out for picnics and movies. Everything is brilliant, except for the fact that I still feel like I'm missing something, or- particularly someone.

There are times when I would be in the middle of a conversation and slowly my mind would drift away and the words would fade with all the wonders of his whereabouts and I would silently start praying for his safety.

The hardest part is to begin a day. Every night I pray and motivate myself with the thought of forgetting him and moving on but it is all working to no avail. Every freaking morning reminds me of the first day we met and how it is like a tradition to see each other first thing in the moment when God decided to bring light over the darkness and let us know of his glory. It was our thing.

But as its said--nothing lasts forever. The balcony isn't my favorite place anymore. It's more like a haunted place instead, so I try to avoid even looking into its direction.

It had almost been a month since he left and my heart is still sore with the pain of losing him but God knew how hard I've trying to move on.

"Don't make me drag you off your bed again." Sia warns. Can't believe we ended up reversing our roles.

"It's Sunday, Sia." I groan with my hoarse and croaky morning voice. "I need to rest."

"Yes! It's Sunday." Her words are more like a command. "The day when you get up and go to church like a good Christian girl."

"I know." I sigh and pull the blanket over my head.

"Don't do this, B. I'm really worried about you." She's quieter this time.