33. The effects of obsession

Chapter track-

Crazy love-Van Morrison
_______________________________________

Unedited

*Warning - This is gonna be a long chapter.*

Neil

I have a problem. I was diagnosed with OCD when I was in Rehab. Apparently, my obsessive nature is one of the reasons that helped me turn out to be a drug addict. Either that or I'm just downright crazy.

No kidding, Bianca is turning out to be a new obsession for me. All I can wish now is for it to be a bit healthier. But because I am a real good for nothing, I highly doubt that. There is too much fear in my heart, a constant fear of losing her. The fear of realization that says I'm not worthy enough for her and this distance between us isn't helping at all.

How the fuck am I supposed to spend two entire months here?

Just six months ago I was dying to be home, but now, it almost feels like punishment, not that I am home for the first time in six months. The last time I was here, I spent almost an entire month in my bedroom, isolated from all my social life as much as possible but if I attempt to be like that in the season of Christmas and with the added amount of winter holidays, I'll probably go crazy.

So, clearly, this holiday is not meant for my relaxation. How am I supposed to feel anyway? Due to the record of my addiction, living like a normal teenager is as good as impossible.

Thanks to Penzo, he is doing his best to make me feel worse. I'm so damn sure that he hasn't given up on Bianca yet and is playing very sly games to get her rid of me. No matter how much Bianca chooses to be blind about his behaviour, I can see and sense it all. I mean, what else could be the reason for him to always be around her?

"Happy Birthday, babe." She says through the phone call.

"Now, you remember." I sigh. "I'm sorry for falling asleep last night and for making you worry. But I didn't expect you to be so mad and call me this late."

"Well, what can I do, you live quite far and it took a bit longer time for me to reach here."

"What?"

"I've reached your town."

"You..what?"

"Surprise!"

"You're kidding, right?"

"I'd be standing right in front of you but I don't know where you live so have a little faith and come here to get me, will you?"

I instantly get off my bed, still unable to digest what she just said.

"Where are you?" I ask, "I mean, where exactly should I come?"

"I'm standing right in front of the railway station." She answers, "Wow, this place is way too congested."

"You're really here?"

"Are you coming or do you want me to return back home?"

"N...No, no. Wait, I'm coming." I put on my pants while my phone adjusted between my ear and my shoulder. "But, how did you come? I mean, who's with you?"

"Just me and a desire to see you so bad."

Can I possibly love her anymore?

"I'm coming, babe. Stay right where you are."

Ignoring the palpitations of my heart, I leave my house on my bike and reach the station within a few minutes.

My baby is here, standing amidst the sea of people, but still standing out from the rest.