38. Jealousy

Chapter track–
Everyone adores you(at least I do)– Matt Maltese
_______________________________________

Neil

"Please don't tell that you're trying to flirt with me."

"I'm not really flirting with you, I'm just pretending to do so." Sia replies. "And whatever I'm doing is beneficial to you as well."

"What do you mean?" I take a big gulp of water to flush down whatever the drama that's floating around me.

"Rohan likes Bianca." I spray out the water off my mouth. "Eww..."

"Wha.. what?"

"Yes, he told me himself yesterday." She's now almost whining like a kid. "I couldn't even confess about my feelings because, before I could, he dropped that bomb on me."

The crappiest thing to feel on a birthday!

I have an urge to tell her the truth, that he only likes her. Although he has never told me that, I'm still very confident about it. I could clarify this truth to her as well but I decide to keep it to myself. Rohan must have a good reason for what he said and I should respect that.

"Well, then he'll get over her then. Don't worry."

"What? That's it?" She asks." That's your reaction? I thought you were possessive about her. How come you only overreact when it's  something regarding Penzo?"

"Because he's a pathetic piece of shit!"

"Hey! I love him."

"Sorry." I say rolling my eyes. "Were you trying to make him jealous out there by flirting with me?"

She nods in agreement.

"Please do that to Penzo. It'll be much beneficial to me as well."

"Eww... We grew up together." She scrunches her nose. "He's more like a brother than Keith is to me."

"At least Keith is much cooler than him."

"Then why don't you start dating him?"

"Okay, forget about that. Come on cheer up, it's your birthday!"

"I thought turning seventeen would be fun." She mummers. "Who knew the first day itself would suck so bad."

Well, as it's said— it's rough being a teenager in this day and age— I can't agree more.

Schools are even more complicated.

Speaking of complication, my life wouldn't have taken such a complicated turn had it not been for that shitty head  Penzo.  I've never hated anyone as much as I hate him. I hate his guts, I hate his very existence. I can't even remember such  feeling of hatrate for the boy who once gave me a bloody nose when we had a massive gang fight in the streets of my home town. It seems like Penzo brings out the worst in me, making me feel like he was born for nothing but to make my life a bit more miserable. And how the hell is he doing that? Of all the stupid girls who literally drool after him, he's recklessly after Bianca, that one hope of light in my life.

And why the fuck he wants the twins to celebrate their birthdays in his farm house? I just don't get it!

Keith and Sia weren't agreeing to his idea but he was so forceful to them that they couldn't decline his offer. I'm so tried of these sick obsessions he has. He's always taking her away from me, keeping her busy with stupid stuff. And I don't get why she can't see it as well. I can't even tell her, I promised that I won't let this problem arise between us and I can see he's intentionally trying to test my patience. He wants me to react and see us break apart. I'm trying my best not to lose my cool but he's getting on my nerves.

We already meet everyday at school, I wonder why it is necessary for us to meet on weekends. This guy always follows us to the church. Why? He isn't even a Christian! And always has some weird ass plans thats supposed to be fun, which isn't, at least not for me. But the fact is, I can't even dodge those plan. I know he'd love it if I didn't join, but since I'm always proven right about Bianca not declining his idea and since I don't trust him, I need to get along as well.

And how was today gonna be any different? They're dancing together.

She's laughing, a laugh that could lighten up an entire forest. I should be happy seeing her like that. But I'm not, because my heart hurts like it's being squeezed by someone. Because it's not me who makes her laugh like that. Have I ever made her laugh so much that she would get tears in her eyes?

But he can. As he acts goofy around her, she lets out her best laughs and it's like a big punch to my gut. I know she loves me like crazy. But I do wanna be that guy who makes her happy not the one who is always the source of her unhappy tears.

I know it's wrong to feel so bitter but I no longer have control over my head.

"Babe," I tell her as she sits beside me and she hums as a reply. "Penzo is trying to meddle between our relationship."

She sighs. "Not again, Neil."

"Please, babe try to understand." And the conversation soon turns into an argument.

I love her, I seriously do trust her but he's the one whom I don't trust. It's just that I've seen him play like a sick manipulative bitch way too many times and it doesn't give me a tad bit of relief. I'm not like him, I don't treat girls as if they're different flavours of icecreams. Bianca is all I have and she's all that I want, all that I need. Call me a crazy possessive moron but I really don't want Bianca out of my life, it's as simple as that.

However, that sick basterd is somehow winning and by the end of the party, Bianca has decided to torment me with silent treatment.

...

Pressure of my exams and a mess between Bianca and me is creating havoc in my head bringing back all the sleeping disorders I used to have and the anxiety has kicked in.

I've stayed clean for so long and I don't want to fall into that pit again but I can't fight myself anymore, so I dig inside and find the plastic pouch I kept a long time ago.

I know, a reason is all I want! But I really need to sleep, or else I'll go mad!

I roll the joint and the fume instantly calms me down. And I do it until I no longer feel conscious.

...

The next day, I take a few puffs to prepare my head before the sick challenges of my life strikes me down again.

"Are you alright?" Bianca asks as soon as she sees while waiting for the bus.

"Ofcourse," I say.

"Your eyes are bloodshot."

Shit.

"I didn't sleep well last night." I lie but her pursed lips tells me that she doesn't believe me a bit.

And she walks away. Shit! It had only been few days that she had finally started to speak with me again.

Damn!

I'm so tired of this drama and I know I am to blame for it. I feel like I'm stuck in a fucking loop and I'm running like a damn hampster, hoping desperately to run out of this misery.

____________________________________

So, what do you think?

I know, even I am tired of this on and off drama of Neil and Bianca, but it's the truth, isn't it? I mean, such kind of relationship isn't something extraordinary amongst teenagers. And I try to make my characters as natural as possible and as we know how different their personalities are. I hope these explanation are even to persuade you that I'm not taking the lead characters for granted.

Please comment and don't forget to vote.

Thank you.

Love ya.