13. A venture to the wilderness

Chapter track
Count on me- Bruno Mars
______________________________________

Bianca

It is a bright sunny day, perfect for a day out.

I was getting ready when my phone buzzed with Penzo's ringtone.

"Hello, Wangden," I say, taking advantage of his prank.

He cut the call after a few seconds of silence, so I call him back.

He forgot his own game, dumb.

He finally answers after several rings.

"Hey, I know that you're Penzo, now stop your act!"

"Ahh... I'm sorry-"

"It's alright. Where are you?"

"Near your house. "

"Okay, I'm coming. "

I wear an ash jegging, a white round neck t-shirt with a grungy union jack print at front and an olive green windbreaker jacket. I put on a pair of white slip-on shoes and sling a black backpack with few necessities.

"Why didn't you come inside?" I ask as I see him standing against the street light, with his back towards me.

He turns around and the corner of his eyes crinkles with a smile.

"Let's not waste time. You know how long I have to stay there if they see me."

"Aww, you poor thing." I tease as I walk towards him.

He shrug, "Can't help it, they love me."

I roll my eyes.

"You look good," He says.

"Thank you and same to you," I reply.

He is clad with a grey superman t-shirt under a light blue denim jacket and khaki cargo pants with low top sneakers.

We're walking along the pavement and he speaks-

"Let me carry that bag for you."

"No, it's alright. It's not even heavy."

"Just give it to me, I can even use it later for carrying my camera." He takes it away from me and slings it over his shoulder.

"Okay." I don't feel like arguing, so I let him have it.

"Have you known that it's me all along?"

"What?"

"You know, Wangden and stuff.."

"Yep, you know I live with Sia."

"That brat just can't keep her mouth shut just for once!" He mutters.

"Aww, But you're such an angel, aren't you?"

He scratches behind his ear and his lips curls up into a sheepish smile.

"Anyway, how far is your house?"

"It'll take nearly 40 minutes if we take the highway but we're gonna go for the shortcuts, it'll take half the time."

"Okay."

So we walk through the rough pathways, including the never-ending stairs and the silent wilderness for nearly 20 minutes before we reach his place.

To my surprise, it isn't some small cozy wooden cottage as I imagined it to be like, instead it is a quite extravagant and unique styled contemporary house. It is partially black in the outside with huge windows, glass walls and its roof tucked away to form a slightly sloped lot. Being built in the middle of a forest and being decoratively hedged by cedars, pines and tall cryptomeria trees-the house can't look more fascinating.