Epilogue

Happy reading

Chapter track
Way maker- Leeland
______________________________________

2 years later

Bianca

I thought that starting something was the most challenging part, however ending things proved to be even worse.

After everything that happened, I somehow wanted to be like the sleeping beauty, hidden inside walls and tucked under a blanket, only I have no desire to be rescued. Had I been allowed to spend the rest of the eternity away from all the chaos and frustrating things of the world, that would've been the best wish I'd be granted. But as a matter of fact—my life isn't a fairytale after all. I need to live, and in order to live I need to move on.

Anyhow, I've been managing to move on for two years now and leaving Gangtok just a few months before the boards did cost me a year extra to finish my school in Kolkata. That did turn out to be a benefit in disguise, since studying did help her a great deal with distraction.

However, no matter how far I try to run away, my past follows me like a shadow. Now I've been running away to find solace towards the direction I'm completely unaware of. Resulting in a state where I no longer have a passion inside me anymore. No destination. My eyes still do the perfect job of seeing but it no longer knows what they're looking for.

And now, using college as an excuse, I'm lost in the crowd of Delhi- the city full of strangers.

I'm aware of loneliness but am I ever gonna be okay with that? But still, do I really need a friend?  I'm no longer confident about it. I don't know if I'm capable of socialising all over again.

And just as I'm trying to make my peace with loneliness as I walk along this busy street, I get startled when I hear my name being shouted from behind.

I turn around to see a familiar friendly face, smiling at me.

Penzo.

And at this moment, all the pain I'd been hiding in for so long explodes out of my eyes in the form of tears as he hugs me.

And the warmth in the embrace makes me realise how cold I had been and how it seems like I indeed  needed someone after all, and I hug him back.

Although I've been crying, like literally crying, into somebody's arms in the middle of the road, this small part of this big city has no time to pause even for a bit, it's still in its biggest rush. And do they care? Not that I want them to care. This is what it is, you can't stop, it's not worth waiting for .

Just keep moving on because no matter how hard life gets and how many hurdles you'll have to pass through, you'll eventually know how to survive.

***

Neil

I've found my courage to step back to the church again after two long years and I've been regular for 2 months now, however getting involved socially is a whole now chapter. I've been clean since the day she left but getting rid of the guilt feels more difficult than that of the drugs. Not that I feel completely comfortable now.

Sitting by the wall behind the rest of the people does feel painful, for it never fails to remind me of the day I'd spent with Bianca, how she had brightened up my darkest of the days.

Oh how I miss her! When has she ever left my mind? Will it ever be possible to get rid of the expectations to see her again? And win her all over again?

How I wished I could see her when I returned back to Gangtok for my Board exams. However, as painful as it has been, expectations never left my sides and nor am I planning to get rid of it.

"Why do you always sit here?" The voice of a girl interrupts my thoughts. A voice that doesn't belong to Bianca. Oh, how much I wish it was her.

Unwillingly, I turn my head towards the unfamiliar pair of eyes that looks back at me.

"What?" I ask.

"You look young enough to join the youth pew right at the front." She points towards the direction. "So..Why here? At the back?"

"Why do you care?" I want to tell her but I don't find it necessary to respond to her question, so without a word, I turn my head back towards the floor.

"It's pretty clear that you've been going through tough times." She continues. "I'm sorry for being nosy. But I can't help but tell you that when you give all your worries to the lord, he'll take care of it."

"Okay," I mummer. "You might have a good reason to say that."

"Yes, I do." I turn my head back to her as my curiosity rises and she smiles before she continues. "My mother had lost both her kidneys and we went bankrupt all the way through the treatment that didn't work at all."

I frown.

How can someone smile while talking about such a dark experience?

"She was on the verge of death and the entire family was literally in a mess when the lord healed her completely. I'd never seen anything more miraculous than that ever before and since that day, me and my family have been growing in the love of God and no matter tough life gets, it's the hope in him that keeps us going on."

A small smile automatically passes through my lips and a sense of warmth finds a way to my heart.

How can I forget I believe in a living God and how good he is?

I'm still unaware of how I'll ever get out of this misery ever again but now I at least got reminded about the hope that I had somehow lost. The hope in God.

_______________________________________

A/N: I know, it still feels unsatisfying and for that, I'm here to announce the book 2 of Trust fall. It'll soon be posted and I hope (I pray) that you'll like it even better. So, with that note, bye for now.

P.s: Don't forget to vote and comment.

Love ya