36. Birthdays and Heartbreaks

Chapter track-
All my life

_____________________________________

Neil

It's the 30th of April, Bianca's birthday. And before I make a phone call, I get on my knees and start praying. Thanking him, I praise the name of the Lord for creating someone so beautiful and blessing me so much by letting her be the part of my life.

"Happy Birthday, babe." I tell her over the phone and she whispers with a thank you. "Come outside."

"Now?" She asks.

"You weren't asleep, were you?"

"No."

"Then come out, I'm waiting."

Crossing over to the balcony has been like the easiest and the most spontaneous sport I've been doing lately. I've done this so many times that I'm sure I can do it with my eyes closed. I wonder why they designed it this way. If it's so easy for me to get to their balcony then I'm sure it won't be any tougher for other people.

"Hey," She comes out. She's wearing a long white night gown and her hair is a bit messed up but somehow she looks even prettier that way.

"Happy Birthday, beautiful. " I pull her to my embrace and softly brush my lips against her temple, on an attempt to let her know how much I adore her.

"Thank you,"

"I have something for you." I say and she looks up at me with a smile. I tell her to turn around to which she raises her brow but obeys anyway. Then I put a golden chain around her neck.

"You should really stop spending so much money on buying me expensive gifts,"

"You should be happy because I'm not spending it on drugs." I turn her back and brush my forehead against hers, "I'd rather spend my everything on my new drug."

She lets out a coy smile. "Well, you don't need money to stay intact with this drug."

"I know," I say. "But I'd keep spending anyway."

"Thank you, babe." She brings her arms around my neck. "But I'd rather prefer if you spoil me with your presence."

"Then get ready to be spoilt for the rest of your life."

She closes her eyes and crinkles her nose as she bites her lip to hold her laugh and I kiss her, unable to deny the swooping sensation I feel when she unintentionally acts so cute.

Is it even possible to love her anymore?

..

Bianca is sad. No matter how much she tries to cover it up with a small laugh here and a forced smile there, I can still feel it through her eyes. This dinner party that her family has organised at their house isn't enough to make her believe that it's her happiest birthday.

She misses her parents, who were supposed to be here had it not been for an urgent requirement of her father in a medical emergency.

I can't blame her for feeling low. I've been in that situation for most of my life. I know how lonely it feels. But we can't blame our parents either, can we? Because It's not even their fault as they're working so hard in order to continue the lavishness they've been providing us. And there's also a social responsibility that a man requires to fulfill through his job. So, it's better not to complain but selflessly appreciate their dedication despite the inconvenience we might feel at times.

We as her friends and relatives, try our best to cheer her up, hoping she'd eventually feel better at the end of the day.

...