4. New school, Old friend

Bianca

"Hi, I'm Neil." He lifts his hand for a shake and as I hold his cold hand, even the very little guts I have, drains out in splits of a second.

I bite my lower lip. "I..uh, I'm Bianca."

Now that he's so close, I observe that he has the most beautiful set of brown, wide-set eyes a person can ever have. A narrow nose with a pointed tip, thin lips and a narrow, tapering chin—his tall and skinny figure, everything he possesses makes him look very, very attractive.

"Ahem!" Sia makes me realize that we are still staring at eachother.

I quickly release my hand from his light grip which makes him flinch a bit. He scratches the back of his head and moves a bit backwards with a shy smile appearing on his face.

"Oh! umm, she's Sia, my cousin." I say, after clearing my throat.

"Hello, Sia." The bus arrives soon after the short introduction and as we stand in front of the door, Neil gestures us to enter first.

Although I'm looking at him directly, I'm still able to literally feel his gaze on me, which, for sure, is enough to fill me with ample amount of nervousness.

Damn you, Neil.

When we enter inside, I see that half the seats are already occupied, so we move to the middle section at the right side.

"Hey, mind if I take that seat instead?" I stop Sia who was about to take the window seat.

"Sure." She sits beside me and I notice that Neil took the seat right at the back of mine.

"By the way, where on earth is Samir? I haven't got a glimpse of him since I arrived."

"He's in Kerala." She tries to hide a sigh but I notice it anyway. "Joined the Naval Academy."

"Okay." I bite my smile. "You must be missing him."

She looks irritated as she speaks. "Why am I supposed to miss him?"

"Well," I sense that this conversation would rather turn into an argument so I continue the other way instead. "He's been in the neighborhood all our lives, that's why." She nods and goes back to minding her own business.

We had to stop every once in a while for more students to tag along but the real delight started once we drove passed the residential areas to the silent road decorated with the gifts of nature.

I secretly wish if I could just walk along the street and enjoy the enchanting scenario instead of sitting here and only get the glimpses of them. But something is better than nothing and the journey feels lovely anyway.

After approx 20 minutes of riding, the bus starts slowing down and I see that there are several students walking nearby. I have to stretch my neck up to look at the front of the windshield and a massive metal gate written with- 'The Elite Academy' is visible at a distance on the right side of the road that is slightly steep.

The memories of my childhood days in the school are like a dream-almost fading away from my mind. So, it's like coming to the place for the very first time.

Maybe due to the winding road and the increasing number of students passing by, the bus is getting much slower then it already was when we cross the gate.

I'm peering out of the window like a kid outside a candy shop, as everything seems way better than I remember and even more than I could've imagined.

My previous school back there in Kolkata is one of the finest schools in the city, it has an elegant modern styled architecture in a huge campus, but the reason why I like this school better is because of its enchanting atmosphere. The way it embraces nature makes it extraordinarily beautiful.