23. Anamnesis

*Warning*
If you find drug abuse disturbing to read then please don't read the end portion of this chapter.
_____________________________________

Chapter track-
Only hope- Switchfoot

______________________________________

Neil

They say you don't need a reason to fall in love, but Bianca gives me millions of them. Her innocence, her kindness, the care and most of all—when I hold her in my arms——she gives me warmth—that feels like home. I can't possibly figure out how this tiny little girl makes me feel so protected and so soon. Am I deluded or am I simply in love with her? It is a question yet to be answered because the future and its surprising revelations are yet to come.

Yeah, I wasn't an optimist. My inner self wasn't reliable enough to make me feel confident—to make me believe in happy endings.

"So you guy's are ready for today?" Sia asked excitedly, holding Bianca by her arms, who just nodded in response.

"Yup," I replied. We were waiting for the bus like every day and I secretly thanked God for the sunny weather that day.

September isn't exactly a rainy season, but the weather routine in the hills wasn't trustworthy and a ground filled with people and muddy puddles would be too gross to tolerate.

We reached the school and saw that the top-notch decoration was finally completed. There was a huge stage on the ground with all the sitting arrangements in front of it and the smell of freshly cut pine leaves and flowers lingered in the air.

Was it Christmas or a freaking environment day celebration——more like environmental molestation——I had no idea? Overall, it was way too extravagant, though I admit——it did look nice.

"This place looks so...beautiful," Bianca spoke quietly, glints of fascination clear in her eyes.

"I know, right?" Sia said with a wide grin.

"Okay then, see you guys later," Keith said, who had started to join us to bus lately, with his girlfriend ofcourse. "We are needed to help." He smirked while finger quoting the word 'help'.

Sia and Keith didn't take part in any activities so they were told to volunteer as helpers for managing the event.

"Yeah." His sister added and we parted our ways.

***

"You know, my mom and dad met here, in this school," Bianca said as we walked by the road leading to the auditorium. There weren't any teachers around, so it gave me the advantage to hold her hands without causing a scene.

"And you're here now, with me. What were the odds?" I said and she smiled.

"Lucky, don't you think?" She added. "How well everything worked for them?"

"Yeah, " I said. "I hope we can be as lucky as them."

She bit her lips while smiling shyly as she lowered her head.

"You're beautiful," I told but she rolled her eyes and shook her head dismissively. "I'm not lying."

"Well, that's your duty to say something like that as a good boyfriend. "

"I think I'd still say that even if you weren't my girlfriend. "

She looked at me with a raised brow. "Really?"

"I.. uh..." I hesitated while her eyes crinkled. "Actually, I'd be too scared to say it out loud." Then she burst out laughing and I joined in, because I could no longer hold back the gladness I felt when I saw her like that– so happy, so pure.