14. The unexpected

*Very important* Peggy is now Aahana and you can find her story in 'Someday, beyond the dark clouds'... I'd be so glad if you'd check it out.
______________________________________

Chapter track
Happy and sad - Kacy Musgraves
______________________________________

Bianca

"Dad, why don't you talk to her instead?" Sia whines as Uncle Sanjeev drives us to the hospital to meet her mom right after school.

"I won't do that all the time, sometimes you should talk to your mother as well." Sia snorts at his reply.

"But she's hardly home, she's always busy with her patients and I know that she'll directly say no to my face. It's just a mere waste of time."

"You could always try you know."

Sia wasn't kidding when she said that her mom is never home. That's the problem with the profession, you can never say no to the urgency whether it's day or night. Emergencies never wait for a doctor's personal matter, the reason why my mom gave up and why I don't even wanna get started with it.

We get off the car when we finally reach the building where Aunt Nikita would be, amongst the vast hospital area.

"You know where to find her." Uncle winks at us before driving away towards the block where he works as an endocrinologist. I wonder how he manages to be present around his kids as much as he does.

We enter the building and reach the second floor with the help of the elevator.

We walk through the several corridors to finally find the gastroenterologist's department but we get almost shocked when we see a very well known person sitting on a bench outside Aunt Deepika's office-with his head downcast.

"Rohan! What are you doing here?" Sia gasps and almost goes running towards him.

Rohan wasn't present in the school today and his existence in this place gives me a faint idea for the reason.

He doesn't speak and continues to stare at the floor after taking a quick glance of Sia by his side.

I've been noticing that Sia is getting pretty close to Rohan considering the fact that they share most of their classes together and I can't even blame him, no matter how quiet he intends to remain, nobody can keep themselves from being her friend.

"What happened, Rohan? " Sia's concern only makes him run away, leaving us dumbfounded.

He didn't want us to see him here, that gives us an explanation to his action. Now that its pointless to run after him, we walk inside the office instead.

"Hello, Auntie." I greet with a smile, which she replies with another cheerful hello and continues doing her work.

"Momma, we came to ask permission for my birthday in Penzo's cabin and.."

"Yeah, I know. I already said you could go, didn't your dad tell you?"

"What?! No, but he-"

"Bianca and Keith will be there, right? I don't think I need to worry, you're free to go."

"Bianca and Keith? They would be taking care of me? What am I? A baby?" She questions.

Auntie takes her eyes off the record book she's been working on and looks at Sia with a blank expression which automatically makes her quiet.

"Okay, whatever."

"Language!" She commands, getting back to her work.

"Sorry, but hey mom, I saw my classmate sitting outside, why was he here?"